Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
RE: Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
Thanks, Dormeo, for stopping in...open perspectives and bring some comfort in this world of uncetainties....yes, indeed, HDYF Index os essential !! 

Ggrichley, if you insert TV curve, please don't forget to add the median reference line..
GL
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everibody,
BTW, does anybody know whether is possible and how, flagging FL (25% inflow reduction) less than 10 seconds? I have been doing this manual and counting?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2019, 05:11 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Thanks, Dormeo, for stopping in...open perspectives and bring some comfort in this world of uncetainties....yes, indeed, HDYF Index os essential !! 

Ggrichley, if you insert TV curve, please don't forget to add the median reference line..
GL

mper6749 and dormeo, and everyone else that has offered comments and insights thus far - thank so much!! - I'm feeling hopeful and excited about sleeping better.

I did make a few tweaks to the settings last night, and a couple more tonight and then I'm going to sit with it for a few nights, and then come back with some graphs that will better reflect the new trajectory I'm on.

My settings tonight will be low 9.6 and high 11 with EPR at 3 - I'm hoping that will knock FL's down while still keeping my AHI low. I woke up several times last night and hit the on/off button - what a great way to flag a wake-up - brilliant!! 

It was a bad night, BUT, I was also very lucidly  "aware of" my sleep, if that makes sense. It can get a little obsessive, and then the dreams are also about sleeping etc and that might account for some wakeups as well. That will die down if I just leave it alone or a few nights., (thanks for that wise advice as well Dormeo) so that's also part of the plan 

Due to mper6749's power button trick, I now can see the breaks in the flow cycles and explore what immediately precedes them. Last night it was a snore a couple of times (my low pressure setting, combined with the EPR was taking me too low to catch it, so I'm raising the low pressure tonight) and some leaks. My CA's are way up, but i've learned that goes away.

I actually love the feeling of the higher pressure on inhalation - the exhale relief makes the higher pressures a non issue, and the inhalation feels comforting. The cheeks aren't "Louis Armstrong-ing" at these pressures, so that's good.

As I prep to upload some graphs in a few days, can you tell me what to include please? I assume you want events, flow rate, tidal volume, leak rate, snore? I want to try to make everything fit. Also any other graph options that will help you help me. I can upload overviews of the entire night, and then get any detailed zooms and specific graphs as requested - 

I so appreciate everyone's willingness to help. I'll be back in a few days. Hope I can find you guys then. Grateful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Include flow limitations too.

The power button trick is a great one. I’ve also read about two others: deliberately spiking a brief large leak, and exhaling sharply a couple of times in a row.

Good luck, and do post more when things have settled in!
Post Reply Post Reply
Grechtley,
That's fine...
....as I said, yet just based on your compressed inserted graphs, It looks as you have been a very disrupted sleep. Then, be attemptive about RLS/PLM's as well, quite often associated with flow limitations. Hopeful you don't have this ; one thing a little more difficult to beat.
Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
With the ASV you need to zoom in on UA events to see what is going on. If you are getting a good blast of pressure support, then a close up will show if there is any inspiratory response or not. A flat-line suggests an obstructive event (OA), and small inspiration suggests the airway may be open but not responding to the provided pressure. I think the positional apnea explanation looks more plausible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Besides apnea, I also had over 550 micro arousals in the lab night. Months later I realised that 550 is around the same amount of breaths I took during the test, meaning breathing in caused a micro arousal, I don't know if this is a start of central apnea but my brains still able to compensate somewhat, in that test I had 9 AHI.

It was a more specialized equipment then a regular polysomnography. Maybe Micro arousals are what's killing your energy.
Post Reply Post Reply
HI - ok I'm back with some graphs - the past 4 nights with some variations per night in pressures (in general, raising lower a lot, adding epr, and also raising upper a little), and EPR on at 3.

As an overview, the last 4 nights in some ways have become progressively worse in terms of how I feel during the day. Especially last night and the night before - I remember waking up way too many times, sometimes almost hourly - one of the nights i hit the power button each time to illustrate. Last night it was from sounds I made and was dimly aware of (perhaps snoring or something?), and who knows what else, and the night before it was chipmunk cheeks every 5 minutes. It's frustrating and I'm exhausted. I do see that the FL are less busy, and the AHI is sill down.

I am starting to get that I'm going to need more pressure to combat the FL, which mper6794 suspects are waking me up. However, the higher pressures with the mask it took me months to settle on (nasal pillows) are causing chipmunk cheeks, so I've trading off waking up for a different reason - unless there's a way to combat chipmunk cheeks. I don't get chipmunk cheeks with a full face mask, but in my search through trying 7 or 8 FF masks, I couldn't find a single one that didn't wake me up due to leaks. The basal pillows let air escape my lips, and I have practised the tongue on the roof of my mouth, but when I hit deep sleep, that falls away and air rushes out which wakes me. So, I mouth tape - I've been using 3m surgical tape - sometimes, like last night, the mouth tape itself comes loose and then the air squeezes out via the tape, and makes a noise and THAT wakes me as well. It's a like a conspiracy to keep me awake with all of these issues. I have ordered a couple more types of tape which arrive tomorrow to try - 3M kind removal, and Durapore Silk, both highly recommended here.

I've also been wearing a 3" surgical collar, and it has some play in it, so there's a new 4" version arriving tomorrow - that's all new in the past few nights.

So - that's where I'm at - if the trend is to raise the pressures, I might have a mask issue to sort through. Or I'm also open to a new machine if the AirCurve VAuto has more pressure options to get my pressures up to relieve the FLs, but some way of NOT causing chipmunk cheeks. 

The positive? I like how the EPR feels on inhalation prior to falling asleep, and at least while awake there's no chipmunk cheeks and it feels very easy to breathe, almost calming - but most of the issues start after I'm asleep. I'm not using a ramp - so there's something about what I do when I'm in deeper sleep where the mischief happens. 

Here's the charts - please lmk if there are any specific zooms you'd like to see to help you help me. as always - thanks for helping guide me toward hopefully some resolution. 

Lastly, a tech question - is there a way to select and add multiple screenshots at one time?

you guys rock - i don't know any sleep doc that would understand this complicated set of issues
Post Reply Post Reply
One of these days I should work on optimizing my own result to be as good as yours are. Amazing progress. You have graduated and can start helping others get to where you are.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2019, 10:03 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: One of these days I should work on optimizing my own result to be as good as yours are.  Amazing progress.  You have graduated and can start helping others get to where you are.

Wow, thanks Sleeprider - I'm not sure I'm so optimized. Perhaps on paper, but I feel like crap!! 

I'm not one to give up easily though, so I'm determined to figure this out and with the help of my friends here, at least the OSA/PAP portion of my life can be treated.

And yes, I'll be giving back the help in kind, as I'm able.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 43 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: coffee9724
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 184 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 580 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 173 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 176 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.