Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
RE: Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
..sorry, charts: top downward
Pressures
FR
FL (can be very compressed)
TV
Leak (also can be compressed)

GL
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2019, 02:44 PM)mper6794 Wrote: ..sorry, charts: top downward
Pressures
FR
FL (can be very compressed)
TV
Leak (also can be compressed)

GL

Thanks mper6794

You're doing great at helping, and your english is great - i understand everything!

So, I moved the pressures up - on Tuesday night i used CPAP, and fixed pressure of 10, and wednesday night I used minimum of 10 and max of 12 - because I'm still trying to use more pressure to reduce the Flow Limits. I think the FL are a little less, BUT, but there are new problems - I wake up from puffy cheeks (air comes into my cheeks). I have mouth tape, and nasal pillow mask. Also, it seems like CA is more common now - but I read that this will go away in time by itself.

Instead of posting from the old charts at the lower pressures as we were planning, my sense was that since we were probably going to be raising my pressures anyway (to fight the FL), i decided to go ahead and try raising pressures before I give you more detailed graphs. I think I will stay here at these pressures and not jump around so much for a few days until we see patterns.

So, here are overviews of last night and the night before - what would be helpful to see in detail for you?

and thanks again for helping!
Post Reply Post Reply
0.81 - 0.56! OK on the numbers. Yeah here it comes. How do you feel with this setup? Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2019, 10:16 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: 0.81 - 0.56! OK on the numbers. Yeah here it comes. How do you feel with this setup?  Coffee

Thanks for asking, but I feel terrible - my numbers were closer to zero before i started upping pressures (I've had great numbers for months), but I was still tired daily after 6 months of CPAp use. I'm on a mission to figure out that lingering fatigue, and one of our members has me trying to reduce flow limits - so we're in that process in this thread. Yes, it all looks good on paper, but I'm waking up a lot more now (chipmunk cheeks, higher pressures, more centrals etc), and may have been waking up a lot before too, but at least then I was unaware of it - i.e. microarousals.

It's all a theory at this point - We'll see what mper says
Post Reply Post Reply
Wish I had more to offer but my list is empty right now. Best wishes for your quick success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your numbers are good and you still feel terrible then it’s not sleep Apnoea causing your issues and you need to look elsewhere
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2019, 02:13 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: If your numbers are good and you still feel terrible then it’s not sleep Apnoea causing your issues and you need to look elsewhere

Oh, believe me, I am also looking elsewhere. Blood is normal, b12, thyroid, D etc etc. Something's waking me up.

Numbers can be great, but issues that the machine isn't flagging can still remain, and be seen in other charts - but technically, yes, it's not the apnea - it's the flow limitations (shallow breathing causing micro arousals). or the way pressure is responding to other things and waking me - the remaining issue is not treating OSA specifically, it's other issues that CPAP's don't necessarily flag - for example, Flow Limits are a restricted breath that the machine doesn't call am OSA event, but it still affects sleep in a big way. And from what I'm hearing from a coupole of members here that are helping me with this, is that pressures and other machine settings can help with this aspect of feeling rested.

It's not just the numbers. There's another member "mper" that will be chiming in here in a bit to investigate based on his own similar history.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, gcrithley

"You're doing great at helping, and your english is great - i understand everything!".... I am trying..... yes, indeed, I think we might end up having a rather similar history in some aspects.
The chart organization is fine. However, as I told you I am eager to analyse  your FR and TV under somewhat enlarged 10min windows, particularly where there have been association between flow restriction and awakenings.
August, 20th would be fine. Hopefuly, their would tell us why you are having what appears to be a huge number of awakenings leading you to a very, very low sleep efficiency.  
GL
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2019, 03:34 PM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, gcrithley

"You're doing great at helping, and your english is great - i understand everything!".... I am trying..... yes, indeed, I think we might end up having a rather similar history in some aspects.
The chart organization is fine. However, as I told you I am eager to analyse  your FR and TV under somewhat enlarged 10min windows, particularly where there have been association between flow restriction and awakenings.
August, 20th would be fine. Hopefuly, their would tell us why you are having what appears to be a huge number of awakenings leading you to a very, very low sleep efficiency.  
GL

Thanks mper6794!!

here are 4 zoom-ins of august 20th - do you see anything here I can do something about?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Gchritley
Yes, I think a can see some very significant things:
(a) 2:16 to 2:23...too compressed, but there would be some plateaued type flow limitation not handled by the settled pressures; however, likely not awakening you;
(b) 2:27...plateaued type flow limitation not handled by the settled pressures, however, likely not awakening you...
© 2:39 to 2:41:30 (2,5 miniute duration).....more serious thing here.....suddendely awakening, not related to flow restriction, most likely associated with leg jerks (PLM's);
(d) 4:41 (1.0 minute duration)...suddendely awakening, not related to flow restriction, most likely associated with leg jerks (PLM's);

We together would need to explore your curves a little further, but if I were you, before next eye blink:
1_I would go to next shop and buy a  highly sensitive audio-recorder (the one I have been using to monitorate myself is this one : Digital 8gb Mp3 Knup Kp-8011; costs 38 boxes and works very well). Then, tonight strap it over you sheets,  at the height of your knees, so that you you be able to hear scratches and something of your respiratory flow. You will found out what have been triggering your awakenings (in my case can be: flow restrictions, PLM's, cell phone noises, noisy car running through, air plane, loud voices in the street;but mainly the first two ones)
2_start considering move to the bilevel VAUTO, to slow down and better manage your pressures/suffering;

Be otpmistic!: I am doing rather well, getting better, still with room to improve, without medications. Main goal would be work on your sleep efficiency; when it reaches some 85%, you start dancing rather walking in the streets!

For now, that is...not  much time left...I will return tomorrow if realized something else. 

Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 182 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 171 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 491 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.