Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
RE: Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
(09-19-2019, 12:12 PM)mper6794 Wrote: Looks fine... .. However, looking into a bit more into details on your charts, would eventually help at making better base to suggest parameters. For instance, your flagged FL is pretty much under control with EPR: 3.0. But, I would like to see about existence or not of not of unflagged flow reductions, which also could account for some of your tens of awakenings (it appears not, yet have to confirm on 10min-windows).... involving contrasts, spikes, noisy, true CA's, reason for wake up 5:30,  on the tidal volumes.
GL

Thanks mper. So you want me to stay on the Airsense 10 machine for now? I will have the new Aircurve Vauto tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2019, 12:40 PM)gcritchley Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 12:12 PM)mper6794 Wrote: Looks fine... .. However, looking into a bit more into details on your charts, would eventually help at making better base to suggest parameters. For instance, your flagged FL is pretty much under control with EPR: 3.0. But, I would like to see about existence or not of not of unflagged flow reductions, which also could account for some of your tens of awakenings (it appears not, yet have to confirm on 10min-windows).... involving contrasts, spikes, noisy, true CA's, reason for wake up 5:30,  on the tidal volumes.
GL

Thanks mper. So you want me to stay on the Airsense 10 machine for now? I will have the new Aircurve Vauto tomorrow.

not, exactly... I think, yet "pretty much",  there woul be room for BPAP  you already ordered......as I said, still had to look on your unflagged flow reductions and potential for awakenings or not; this could be eventually more important than flagged FL's, from I learned in my own case.

GL
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it is great you’re getting a Vauto at such a good price. At worst, you now have an excellent backup machine, but of course you can now experiment with the wider options you’ll have with the VAuto. And keep in mind that you can set the VAuto to mimic what your current machine is doing, if turns out to be best for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2019, 02:17 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I think it is great you’re getting a Vauto at such a good price. At worst, you now have an excellent backup machine, but of course you can now experiment with the wider options you’ll have with the VAuto. And keep in mind that you can set the VAuto to mimic what your current machine is doing, if turns out to be best for you.

Thanks Dormeo - I agree and that's how I see it as well. Are you (or is anyone else) able to help me set the new machine to mimic the same settings as the current one? I listed them up above just today. Hope so and thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not at home with my machine right now, so I can't provide a lot of detail, but in general, you would leave all the default settings alone, change the comfort settings to your liking, and then set EPAP to a range of 9.40 to 12.2, with PS (pressure support) of 3.

Basically, EPR subtracts from IPAP, and PS adds to EPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2019, 10:22 AM)gcritchley Wrote: Can anyone here please help me set my initial settings on the new to me Aircurve Vauto, based on my current settings on the airsense 10 auto? In that way I can "kind of" start at the same point I am now, and then make adjustments to the PS and other settings etc moving forward - to further see if some of the remaining Flow Limitations will respond.

I attached a screenshot of last night's sleep.

My current settings on the Airsense machine are as follows -  I'd like to start on the new machine tomorrow night (It arrives tomorrow)
Mode - APAP
Pressure Min - 9.40 cmH2O
Pressure Max - 12.20 cmH2O
Antibacterial Filter - No
Climate Control - Auto
EPR - Full Time
EPR Level - 3cmH2O
Humidifier Status - On
Humidity Level - 3
Mask - Pillows
Patient Access - No
Ramp - Off
Smart Start - Off
Temperature Enable - Off

Thanks - I will be reporting with camera/audio findings soon when there's not too many things going on at once. I'm excited about this new machine.
Initial VAuto settings to match the above.
EPAP Min = 6.4 (9.4-3)
IPAP Max = 12.2
PS = 3

Do report ALL the other settings.  Sometimes the timings are off on used machines.  You want the defaults, at least to start.  There are tables in the clinician manual to set them by that are dependent on your respiration rate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2019, 04:27 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I'm not at home with my machine right now, so I can't provide a lot of detail, but in general, you would leave all the default settings alone, change the comfort settings to your liking, and then set EPAP to a range of 9.40 to 12.2, with PS (pressure support) of 3.

Basically, EPR subtracts from IPAP, and PS adds to EPAP.

Thanks for that Dormeo!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2019, 05:49 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 10:22 AM)gcritchley Wrote: Can anyone here please help me set my initial settings on the new to me Aircurve Vauto, based on my current settings on the airsense 10 auto? In that way I can "kind of" start at the same point I am now, and then make adjustments to the PS and other settings etc moving forward - to further see if some of the remaining Flow Limitations will respond.

My current settings on the Airsense machine are as follows -  I'd like to start on the new machine tomorrow night (It arrives tomorrow)
Mode - APAP
Climate Control - Auto
EPR - Full Time
EPR Level - 3cmH2O
Humidifier Status - On
Humidity Level - 3
Mask - Pillows
Patient Access - No
Ramp - Off
Smart Start - Off
Temperature Enable - Off

Thanks - I will be reporting with camera/audio findings soon when there's not too many things going on at once. I'm excited about this new machine.
EPAP Min = 6.4 (9.4-3)
IPAP Max = 12.2
PS = 3

Do report ALL the other settings.  Sometimes the timings are off on used machines.  You want the defaults, at least to start.  There are tables in the clinician manual to set them by that are dependent on your respiration rate.

Thanks for that Bonjour - I will definitely report the other settings - and I assume I access the clinician settings in the same way as I did with the airsense auto machine? I wonder if there's a "reset all to default" selection anywhere, and I can do that and only change the parameters you and dormeo have laid out here...
Post Reply Post Reply
gcritchley, check the math
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2019, 08:45 PM)gcritchley Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 05:49 PM)bonjour Wrote:

Mode - APAP
Climate Control - Auto
EPR - Full Time
EPR Level - 3cmH2O
Humidifier Status - On
Humidity Level - 3
Mask - Pillows
Patient Access - No
Ramp - Off
Smart Start - Off
Temperature Enable - Off

EPAP Min = 6.4 (9.4-3)
IPAP Max = 12.2
PS = 3

Thanks for that Bonjour - I will definitely report the other settings - and I assume I access the clinician settings in the same way as I did with the airsense auto machine? I wonder if there's a "reset all to default" selection anywhere, and I can do that and only change the parameters you and dormeo have laid out here...

There is a reset to defaults in the clinical menu, select that first then change the settings to the recommended values then you will have all the other settings at their normal values
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 179 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 491 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.