Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
RE: Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
(09-20-2019, 12:19 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: There is a reset to defaults in the clinical menu, select that first then change the settings to the recommended values then you will have all the other settings at their normal values

THANK YOU!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all - was just working on the new aircurve - I didn't see a PS setting anywhere? Is it called something else in the clinician's menu? Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2019, 04:27 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I'm not at home with my machine right now, so I can't provide a lot of detail, but in general, you would leave all the default settings alone, change the comfort settings to your liking, and then set EPAP to a range of 9.40 to 12.2, with PS (pressure support) of 3.

Basically, EPR subtracts from IPAP, and PS adds to EPAP.

Hi Dormeo - hope you're still here - I'm a little confused:

so if I set the aircurve (new machine) IPAP to 12.2 and EPAP to 6.4, and PS to 3 (if I can find a place to change that, which so far I can't), that would match my current Airsense 10 settings of: Pressure Min - 9.40 cmH2O and Pressure Max - 12.20 cmH2O

?? is that correct? thank YOU!
Post Reply Post Reply
Damn - this machine is an aircurve 10 S not a Vauto like she said in the ad. Does that mean it's missing some of the features I was looking for, compared to the airsense...?
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2019, 09:20 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You are correct.

I wish I wasn't correct. Hopefully she'll take it back - she said it was the Vauto in her text and in the Craigslist ad. Looks like Pressure support isn't even an option on the 'S' - frustrating...

It's fairly new - 800 hours. A great looking and clean machine, but seems very much the same as my current airsense 10, so i won't need it, unless there's something I'm missing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the big limitation of the Aircurve 10 S for you would be that you can’t set a range for your EPAP. You can set only a fixed EPAP value. But I’m just remembering that from other posts, so somebody else should probably weigh in.

What a shame you didn’t get what you were expecting and waiting for! I hope you can get things straightened out with the seller.
Post Reply Post Reply
S-mode only allows setting of EPAP and IPAP. You must be in Vauto mode to set PS. We assume you want to use the machine in mode Vauto, with EPAP min at 6.4, PS 3.0 and IPAP max at 12.2, to duplicate the Airsense 10 Autoset. You will also have Ti Min, Ti Max, as well as trigger and cycle sensitivity. We want to leave most of those settings at the defaults until you have used the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As others have said the S is a fixed pressure machine. The BiLevel equivalent of of a single pressure CPAP device. Not ideal
Post Reply Post Reply
The S can provide greater pressure support than the Airsense 10, however, you don't seem to be using higher pressure support. I have no problem with fixed pressure, and am sure it can be titrated to meet most apnea and flow limitation needs. With the S model, be sure to use EasyBreathe which smooths the flow transitions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 180 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 491 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.