Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
RE: Lingering fatigue: trust Resmed sleep report?
Hi, Gcritchley
_long journey!
_It looks to me your flow limitations, and flow reduction-driven-awakenings would have almost worked out. Yet, you keep on going with a very poor sleep efficiency due to tens of awakenings.
_ as I told you quite few times above, there is a high chance (always hoping I am deadly  wrong) you would suffer from the UARS-associated curse, the PLM's (or similar thing arise you up), as millions of people in this world, including myself.
_ before we move ultimately to this conclusion, could you please post some 10min-windows enclosing your TV contrasts and awakenings, as well as the respiratory rate (RR) wave waveform (with the median reference line)?
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
...in time: in what kind of environment do you live, with regard to noise (loud music, conversation in the street, early birds, Cell phone noise, airplane and/or cars passing by....). All these give me awakenings! You may believe: long run UARS-bearing people are unbeliavable sensitized!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2019, 01:30 PM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, Gcritchley
_long journey!
_It looks to me your flow limitations, and flow reduction-driven-awakenings would have almost worked out. Yet, you keep on going with a very poor sleep efficiency due to tens of awakenings.
_ as I told you quite few times above, there is a high chance (always hoping I am deadly  wrong) you would suffer from the UARS-associated curse, the PLM's (or similar thing arise you up), as millions of people in this world, including myself.
_ before we move ultimately to this conclusion, could you please post some 10min-windows enclosing your TV contrasts and awakenings, as well as the respiratory rate (RR) wave waveform (with the median reference line)?
Good luck
Hi Mper6749!!

Here are 3 random screenshots as requested with zoom in. I tried to avoid the CA events. 

Thanks for your help. IF I did have UARS/RLS, what is the usual and successful treatment for this condition?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2019, 01:49 PM)mper6794 Wrote: ...in time: in what kind of environment do you live, with regard to noise (loud music, conversation in the street, early birds, Cell phone noise, airplane and/or cars passing by....). All these give me awakenings! You may believe: long run UARS-bearing people are unbeliavable sensitized!

HI - I'm actually lucky, I live in a very quiet house. there's no real external noise - sometimes the house cracks from settling but not too often.

I do sleep with my wife, and I'm not sure if she moves around much. I definitely need to get the camera up and running again to see what we do. I do suspect that I am a very light sleeper, so minimizing all contributions to waking up is key. Interested to hear your response to the graphs with 10 minute windows.

thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limitation and all obstructive events are gone! The minor CA is nothing to worry about, just give it time. This really looks good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2019, 06:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Flow limitation and all obstructive events are gone! The minor CA is nothing to worry about, just give it time. This really looks good.
Thank you! I know, it's incredible what the simple change in machine has done. Gonna sit right here at these settings for a bit and see how I start to feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like good progress here. Congrats. Keep us updated.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2019, 03:00 PM)gcritchley Wrote: Hi Mper6749!!

Here are 3 random screenshots as requested with zoom in. I tried to avoid the CA events. 

Thanks for your help. IF I did have UARS/RLS, what is the usual and successful treatment for this condition?

Hi,
Unfortunately, one of the three screens was repeated…..yet, that is my preliminary interpretation, taking analogy with my audio-recorded calibrated curves: You, basically, have two types of awakenings, (1) still some air flow reduction-driven ones (need some two more 10min-windows to confirm), and (2) moves (PLM's or other trigger)-driven ones.
_3:33: something move you, awakening you, followed by groaning/moaning and back to sleep...chances of PLM's, or, luckly, other trigger;
_3:38: idem
_7:04: air flow reduction and awakening (need some two more 10min-windows elsewhere to confirm);

It appears you have similar drawbacks with awakenings, like me. As I told you before: firstly, a good diagnose; you would definitively need to audio-record your sleep (close to your head and knees; three nights are enough), this is amazingly simple, cheap, with extraordinary outcomes!
Once PLM’s awakenings are confirmed: medication is the only solution; I can share my experience with this later on.
For type (1) awakenings? Well, this one thing I am struggling with for quite some time, playing with EPAP and PS; no totally satisfactory solution thus far.
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi friends and gurus!!

I am popping back in with some tweaking issues with my new Vatuo machine. Still trying to lessen the Flow limitations, but seeing CAs all over the place! also feeling a lot of chipmunk cheeks/balloon cheeks during the night (I tape my mouth and use nasal pillows).

Attached are two nights' graphs.

What would be the next move in tweaking things over here? Most things are still at default settings.

thanks as always everybody, and mper, I will be videoing and exploring all of that RL possibilities more when the machine is doing all it can do.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
...CA's firstly appear false events associated with moves/awakenings. Let us confirm on ten-minutes windows!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 182 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 553 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 491 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.