Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Link for setting pressure on Resmed Autoset S9
RE: Link for setting pressure on Resmed Autoset S9
EPR is something like, one man's trash is another man's treasure, meaning some people swear by it while others swear at it ... everyone is different
EPR can helps people having problems exhaling against pressure and aerophagia
This from S8 but the same apply to the S9
How does EPR work?
When you are being treated with one of our devices, that has EPR and you breathe out or exhale, the S8 flow generator device detects the beginning of exhalation and reduces motor speed to drop pressure. The patient or clinician chooses one of three comfort levels to determine the degree by which pressure will drop.

Setting 1 = mild comfort (1 cm H20)
Setting 2 = medium comfort (2 cm H20)
Setting 3 = maximum comfort (3 cm H20)
Read more http://www.resmed.com/epn/patients_and_f...c=patients

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2014, 06:49 AM)zonk Wrote: EPR is something like, one man's trash is another man's treasure, meaning some people swear by it while others swear at it ... everyone is different
EPR can helps people having problems exhaling against pressure and aerophagia
This from S8 but the same apply to the S9
How does EPR work?
When you are being treated with one of our devices, that has EPR and you breathe out or exhale, the S8 flow generator device detects the beginning of exhalation and reduces motor speed to drop pressure. The patient or clinician chooses one of three comfort levels to determine the degree by which pressure will drop.

Setting 1 = mild comfort (1 cm H20)
Setting 2 = medium comfort (2 cm H20)
Setting 3 = maximum comfort (3 cm H20)
Read more http://www.resmed.com/epn/patients_and_f...c=patients

Thanks Zonk.
I figure I will try EPR on 3 because I have never breathed anything out over 6 before, so seeing as I am going up to 10, it may be of some assistance to me.
I hope so. I may not even know when it is happening.
Cheers.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2014, 07:05 AM)Gabby Wrote: I figure I will try EPR on 3 because I have never breathed anything out over 6 before, so seeing as I am going up to 10, it may be of some assistance to me.
Absolutely, it can helps
To exhale at 6, pressure need be increased to 9 (see Event Detection Circuit, link in previous post)

EPR does not kick until pressure to 5 and then only drop by 1 cm H20 to 4
pressure at 6 ...exhale pressure drop by 2 cm H20 to 4
pressure at 7 ... exhale pressure drop by 3 cm H20 to 4
pressure at 8 ... exhale pressure drop by 3 cm H20 to 5
pressure at 9 .... exhale pressure drop by 3 cm H20 to 6
pressure at 10 ... exhale pressure drop by 3 cm H20 to 7

Post Reply Post Reply
I would leave EPR on at 3 (it does no harm) and ramp off for pressures of 10 or under. I just do five mouth breathes before I shut my mouth for the night, then enjoy the pressure opening and drying my sinuses. I enjoy that bit. Watch for too much humidity causing congestion after a few hours (I use 3 and no heat) with the pillows and try the max pillow size you can bear(surprising how they wedge my nose open). I run 10-20 but average under 12. Getting 8 hours with sub 2 AHIs for 9 straight nights now. Waking just once.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gabby,
Good luck to you with your new S9AutoSet, I know you have been waiting for this a good while now and you have finally got it, CONGRATULATIONS.!
Keep us posted on how things go for you, I'll be anxious to watch your progress.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2014, 09:29 AM)englandsf Wrote: I would leave EPR on at 3 (it does no harm) and ramp off for pressures of 10 or under. I just do five mouth breathes before I shut my mouth for the night, then enjoy the pressure opening and drying my sinuses. I enjoy that bit. Watch for too much humidity causing congestion after a few hours (I use 3 and no heat) with the pillows and try the max pillow size you can bear(surprising how they wedge my nose open). I run 10-20 but average under 12. Getting 8 hours with sub 2 AHIs for 9 straight nights now. Waking just once.

Englandsf, welcome to the forum and thank you for your advice.
I am happy you are doing so well with your equipment and have worked out what suits you best.
This is it, not everything is the same for all. But having said that, all the tips we receive along the way are very valuable and we may use this from one person and that from another.
I too use the large pillows, have EPR on 3 and no ramp.
You have great numbers and are lucky to wake once and have eight hours sleep.
Keep up the good work.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2014, 11:00 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Gabby,
Good luck to you with your new S9AutoSet, I know you have been waiting for this a good while now and you have finally got it, CONGRATULATIONS.!
Keep us posted on how things go for you, I'll be anxious to watch your progress.

ThanksTrish, you have been with me from the start of my journey so know how long I have waited.
I am about to write up how I went last night.
I hope all is well in your part of the world.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2014, 07:36 PM)Gabby Wrote:
(07-16-2014, 11:00 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Gabby,

ThanksTrish, you have been with me from the start of my journey so know how long I have waited.
I am about to write up how I went last night.
I hope all is well in your part of the world.
Hi Gabby,
You're welcome, things are ok here, thank you.
It'll be good to hear how you did last night with your new-found-friend.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I had my first night with my brand new S9 AutoSet.
I had it between 4-10 and an EPR of 3.
I definitely felt the 10 in the middle of the night, having only ever been used to 6 as my highest level.

My figures were not as good as they used to be but I am not concerned. I will give it one week before I start 'tweaking'.
AHI 4.88
Leaks 13.20

Clear Airway 21
Hypopnea. 6
Obstructive. 14

Does it matter that I had 21 Clear Airway events? Or 2.50.

My highest pressure 10 was reached at 3am and this is when most of the action took place.

Sorry I am not scientific like the rest of you.

I would be interested to know how some of you think I did on my first night, thanks.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you did fine Gabby, considering this is a brand new machine for you and quite a difference in your accustomed pressures. I'd leave everything alone and see if the CA's don't start calming down after a night or two. If not, you might think about turning off the EPR. But for now, just keep rocking on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 415 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 472 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.