Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Link for setting pressure on Resmed Autoset S9
RE: Link for setting pressure on Resmed Autoset S9
(07-18-2014, 05:17 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(07-18-2014, 02:33 AM)Gabby Wrote: Hi Diamaunt, thanks for your input.
I would love to put my SleepyHead charts up but I don't know how to Dont-know

Have a look here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments

And here also:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...4#pid73584

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2014, 10:57 PM)Gabby Wrote: Another good night on my S9 AutoSet.
My AHI was up a bit to 5.54 but my leaks came down to 6.00, which I was very happy about.

My pressure numbers were,

Min. 4.00
Med. 7.94
95%. 9.62
Max. 9.98

Do these numbers mean anything and are they any good please?

Also my clear airway Apneas were down from 21 events to 16 events.

Just keep up the good work. You're doing great. Let's see what happens in another day or two.

(07-17-2014, 10:57 PM)Gabby Wrote: Am I right in thinking my set pressure of 6 was not doing me very much good at all?

What it did was allow you to become familiar with the therapy and get used to the mask. So yes, it did you well. But it does seem you need a bit higher pressures to control the apnea's. Exactly where or what is what you are now determining. It's very cool that you are working so hard to improve your health. Good job that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone for your kind help.
Last night my third I decided to change my pillow for a brand new one, which I hindsight I maybe should have done on the first night.
Anyway had the best night.

AHI was 1.41
Leaks. NIL Woohoooo

My central A's were down to 5 events

Med pressure 5.98
Max 8.96
95%. 8.04

I slept really well, for near on 9 hours.

Thank you for the links diamanté and Sleepster.

We are heading away for today and tonight so will have a go at attaching my charts when I come home.

I am really enjoying my S9 AutoSet and it was well worth the wait.

Must say, after a big, what I thought good sleep, I have still woken tired and feel like I could go back for more but I am not concerned, I am used to it.
I do live in hope though that this added pressure may help my problem.

Cheers everyone and have a great weekend, I intend to with my daughter who I haven't seen for several months.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gabby,
Have a GREAT visit with your daughter, glad you are enjoying your new S9AutoSet.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all.
Since I last posted I have been trying to get my pressure higher to see if it would help with my daytime tiredness. It hasn't.
All it has done is increase my AHI's and leaks.
First question please.
Do extra leaks cause more AHI's?
I use the P10 which I have always liked but the higher my pressure the higher the leaks.
I did get up to 14 and the pressure nearly hit the 14 but I have since brought it down to 12 again in trying to reduce my leaks.
I just don't understand why I am getting all these leaks. I changed my pillow three nights ago. I have never had this problem, to this extent before.

I am going to post a link of my results. If anyone would care to look I would appreciate it very much, thanks.

Sorry the last links didn't work, will try again.

http://i61.tinypic.com/rwnxp2.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

http://i57.tinypic.com/lgkfc.jpg%5B/IMG%5D
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2014, 06:42 PM)Gabby Wrote: Hi all.
Since I last posted I have been trying to get my pressure higher to see if it would help with my daytime tiredness. It hasn't.
First question please.

Big leaks prevent the machine from being able to generate enough pressure to fix your apneas.

I have no idea specifically what's going on at night, but if you're interested and a little technical you can pick up an night vision camera for your computer and record yourself.

On Amazon: HDE-Webcam-Desktop-Notebook-Meeting

I don't know anything about this one in particular, but they're generally inexpensive.

If you leave a clock in the picture, you can match up what's going on in your room with what's going on in SleepyHead.

Post Reply Post Reply
Gabby your leak numbers are still within range of what they should be. They could be better, but I don't think that's the culprit. I forget... Are you using a chinstrap? That might help actually. Gently applied, no pain, P10 on the OUTSIDE of the strap.

Your pressure is trucking along happily at around 12, so I don't think you need to adjust anything there.

The most noticeable thing about your events are they are predominantly CA's. False or real, CA's. These things should calm down a lot as you settle into the therapy. Your EPR is set on 3. You might dial that back to 2 and see how you do. Sometimes the CA's will go higher when EPR is used. Set it at 2 and run for a couple of nights and see where you're at.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2014, 07:10 PM)tcarmen Wrote:
(08-06-2014, 06:42 PM)Gabby Wrote: Hi all.
First question please.

Big leaks prevent the machine from being able to generate enough pressure to fix your apneas.

I have no idea specifically what's going on at night, but if you're interested and a little technical you can pick up an night vision camera for your computer and record yourself.

On Amazon: HDE-Webcam-Desktop-Notebook-Meeting

I don't know anything about this one in particular, but they're generally inexpensive.

If you leave a clock in the picture, you can match up what's going on in your room with what's going on in SleepyHead.
Cheers Tcarman, that makes sense about the leaks not generating the pressure.
I will have a think about the night light.
Thank you.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2014, 07:18 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Gabby your leak numbers are still within range of what they should be. They could be better, but I don't think that's the culprit. I forget... Are you using a chinstrap? That might help actually. Gently applied, no pain, P10 on the OUTSIDE of the strap.

Your pressure is trucking along happily at around 12, so I don't think you need to adjust anything there.

The most noticeable thing about your events are they are predominantly CA's. False or real, CA's. These things should calm down a lot as you settle into the therapy. Your EPR is set on 3. You might dial that back to 2 and see how you do. Sometimes the CA's will go higher when EPR is used. Set it at 2 and run for a couple of nights and see where you're at.

Thanks R_G, one question please. When I tweaked my pressure up to 14 how come it went all the way up to there?
The only reason I came back down was because of leaks and AHI's.
Is it right that the machine won't go there unless you need it?
My best AHI and leak results were at between 4-10 when I first got the machine.
It seems the higher the pressure the worst the results, especially the leaks.
I really do not want to have to forego my P10.
I do not like a FF mask but fear the day may come.
Meanwhile I shall try a chinstrap Sad
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked at your charts again. It looks like you're running minimum 10, maximum 12 right now with EPR 3.

In the end you might need a little more pressure but I'm afraid you're experiencing pressure induced CA's. Robysue will probably be along to set us straight about all that.

Anyhow, I think if it was me I would drop the minimum to 9, leave the max at 12, and either turn off the EPR or at least turn it down to 2. Then watch and see if the CA's calm down. Actually, if they would go away your results look pretty darn good. Actually actually, they don't look too bad already.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 495 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 159 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 487 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,202 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 218 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 859 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.