Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Linking to Imgur
Does anyone have link to the tutorial for linking to Imgur?
Useful Links
Download SleepyHead
Organize your SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I could dig it out, but why bother? You can attach your screen shots directly as long as you don't use the Quick Reply.

But if you need Imgur for some other reason, I'm sure we can find it for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

.pdf   Posting SH.pdf (Size: 269.71 KB / Downloads: 17)
Post Reply Post Reply
Since Photobucket went rogue we don't recommend the use of third party image servers. One change in policy by some anonymous suit and all your linked images could disappear overnight until you pay the ransom. Therefore forget Imgur and attach your image direct to your post, and it will reside on the Apnea Board server with no prospect of being held for ransom.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to link to nonapnea related photos in the off topic forum.
Useful Links
Download SleepyHead

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I'm pretty sure you're looking for the tnet link: https: //sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

There seems to be an auto-correct that prevents me from linking that, so remove the space after https:
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, when we did the changeover to attachments instead of outside linking, I re-directed links to the old Imgur instructions (on the tnet website) and moved them to Sleeprider's new article on the wiki for attaching images, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

If you want to use outside images, you can still follow the instructions on the tnet site Sleeprider posted above:
https: //sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur     (remove the space)

Or, take a look at this wiki page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Screenshot

Near the bottom is also a link to the tnet site on posting images from Imgur.

And, since we're also trying to be consistent in our rules-enforcement, since (technically) that tnet site is a commercial website, and we've kind of "let it slide" as an exception to the commercial link rule because it contained such great info.  But I've gotten several "comments" over the years asking "Why are you allowing links to that commercial website and not blah-blah-blah.com?" (or whatever)... and I always had to do a song and dance to explain why we made an exception in tnet's case.  So part of this is me trying to be more consistent in our rules.. if that makes any sense.

The redirection is being done so that folks don't get confused over the directions on how to post SleepyHead images.  The preferred method (for thread continuity) is now using attachments, not imgur, so that's why we're redirecting tnet links to the new Wiki article about posting using attachments instead. Too many people were reading the old instructions (contained in numerous posts) and attempting to use imgur rather than the attachment feature for SleepyHead screenshots, and a lot of newbies were getting frustrated and having trouble, because posting using imgur is more difficult for non-techies than simply attaching their screenshot to their post.

But yeah, eventhough the attachment option is the new preferred method, you can still attach off-site images, no problem, especially in the Off-Topic forum where the image is non-sleep apnea related.

Hope that made some degree of sense... Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2018, 08:00 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: <snip>
...  But I've gotten several "comments" over the years asking "Why are you allowing links to that commercial website and not blah-blah-blah.com?" (or whatever)... and I always had to do a song and dance to explain why we made an exception in tnet's case.
<snip>

hmm...  I was curious why volcanoes suddenly began erupting in Hawaii... curious minds wonder (wander?) if somebody on the board has made a trip to the Hawaiian islands recently.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, but I think my Acme industrial grade coffee hot plate got a wee bit hotter than was expected. lots-o-coffee
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thanks guys.
Useful Links
Download SleepyHead

Post Reply Post Reply