Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Accidentally deleted data from SD card, is it still on machine?
Accidentally deleted data from SD card, is it still on machine?
So I've been using CPAP on my Resmed Airsense 10 with "card to cloud." Every morning I get up and upload the data from the SD card to a folder on my computer then up to OSCAR/SleepHQ. 

Well this morning I must have been half asleep, because before I knew it, I was copying files FROM my computer TO THE SD CARD. I hit CANCEL part way through but the damage was done. I tried to hit command Z but it didn't do anything. 

DATA RECOVERY: I did use a free utility to try to look at the deleted data on the card, but I didn't see a datalog folder with the code/date from yesterday, so it might have been overwritten. It costs $89 for the "upgrade" to actually recover any files and I don't have that extra money at the moment.

Now, luckily Sleep HQ has a data download, so I can export that from yesterday morning (so I'll only be missing data from last night). 

Here's my question: I can see on the ResMed machine that even with the card out, it's showing my data from last night. Let's say I put my card back in, with all data except last night's. Will it then fill it the data from last night? or is that gone forever?

I'm in 100% compliance so far with my CPAP use so I'd hate to lose that whole day of data. But I've been using more than 4 hours per night usually so maybe it won't matter?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Accidentally deleted data from SD card, is it still on machine?
Hi theredheadsaid! - Welcome
Only the summary data is stored without the SD card. If you have been copying your SD card daily, then you only lost last night's detailed data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you don't have the card in for a night, the data is lost basically. It only records basic data back to the SD card. Must be because the machine itself doesn't have enough onboard memory to accomodate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, Red, the machine does not keep the data onboard. I think your best bet is to restore as best you can from Sleep HQ and then add in the partial data from your machine for the most recent night. Your machine has captured the AHI and other indexes but you will be missing the data on flow limits and the actual machine pressures -- just for one night. The long term trend data should be valid.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clownbell - According to Resmed, the S9 maintains 30 days of detailed data on the SD card. The AS10 doesn't have a limit. Without an SD card, the AS10 will store summary data for up to 365 days. Is this incorrect? How else can it provide the onboard option of reporting the following time intervals, 1 Day, 1 Week, 1 Month, 3 Months, 6 Months, or 1 Year?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CrimsonNape is correct. 365 days of summary data is stored internally on the AS10 series. It will be written to a new SD card when it is inserted.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 270 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 244 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 334 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,688 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 557 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 553 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 846 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.