Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Linux, OSCAR, on a Dell Latitude E6510
RE: Linux, OSCAR, on a Dell Latitude E6510
Most of the time, you have LUG (stand for Linux User Group) what can help you.
Dealing with partitions is maybe a little bit hard if you begin with it.

I'm a member for a local LUG and most of the time, we help for choosing and installing the distribution.
Several time in the year, we organize a installfest (it may be the same for your localization) :
people can came with their computer and some voluntaries help to install either only Linux (overwriting Windows if exists) or Linux side by side with the installed Windows.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the help. I got Linux Mint installed but alas I still have the problem with screen going blank. It's probably some kind of hardware failure so I guess I'm going to have to give up on this project. I have other older laptops around and I'll probably use one of them for this project.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it turns out I can get the screen to come on, but it seems to just be hit or miss. What I did this time was hit the F12 key on boot up to get to the bios. Then select boot from the hard drive.

I also got OSCAR loaded and working. It seems to be a big improvement over SH. It's been that long since I've used it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Linux Mint defaults to a screensaver after an idle period. All your parameters can be found in the System settings icon on the left side of the menu, second from the top. The icon appears as having 2 sliders in it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 968 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 260 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 205 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 454 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 699 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  o2 insight pro on linux Jim Vader 10 1,435 08-16-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: data01
  OSCAR for Ubuntu Linux "blocked and dangerous" edgreenberg 3 777 07-17-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.