Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Linux variants in use with OSCAR 1.2.0
Linux variants in use with OSCAR 1.2.0
Please list which Linux version and variant (term?) you run OSCAR 1.2.0 with.

I saw Ubuntu 20.04, Mint version ?? and Debian version ??

Will check VMBox to see if it will run what you use on my aged Mac Pro. 

Thanks, Harv
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Linux variants in use with OSCAR 1.2.0
* You have a .deb file for (https://sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ --> official web site )
Ubuntu : 18.04 & 20.04 works
Debian : 9 (maybe) & 10
Mint & LMDE can be use but I don't remember which deb file can be use for each
* I saw someone who had make a repository a rpm file. But, I think, it's not official supported.
On many others Linux distribution, you can easily compile the sources.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
I have run a prior version OSCAR on Mint 18.x (derived from Ubuntu 16.04). My current production OSCAR 1.2.0 is running on Mint 19.3 (from Ubuntu 18.04), and I have tested OSCAR in a VirtualBox VM running Mint 20 (derived from Ubuntu 20.04).  The key dependency is the version of Qt that is part of the package set.  Everything mentioned here was/is 64-bit, and uses the amd64 .deb package to install.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks A. Becker!

Harv
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I run Oscar 1.2.0 with Kubuntu 18.04. I have not updated yet to 20.04.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kubuntu is just Ubuntu but with KDE graphic interface.
So, I think It works on Kubuntu with the ubuntu deb file.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.

Post Reply Post Reply
The latest version of Oscar will not run on Mint Cinnamon 20   1.1.1 is included in the Software Manager and will install and run
roger
Post Reply Post Reply
The libraries are different between LM 19 and 20.  When version 1.1.1 came out, LM 20 wasn't around.  The current version is OSCAR 1.2.0.   You ONLY use the releases listed in https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ and nowhere else.    The download link is at the top of each page on this forum.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ver 1.2.0  I am speaking about I did download from your link.  It's not a serious problem for myself I am running Oscar on my Raspberry
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2021, 01:25 PM)rogerded1 Wrote: The latest version of Oscar will not run on Mint Cinnamon 20   1.1.1 is included in the Software Manager and will install and run
roger

As I remember, there was a version which had been put in the Ubuntu repository (I think what Mint link to these ones).
It was a beta but the number version use for the package make the system think what it was the newest one.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 810 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 129 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 433 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 669 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  o2 insight pro on linux Jim Vader 10 1,391 08-16-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: data01
  OSCAR for Ubuntu Linux "blocked and dangerous" edgreenberg 3 741 07-17-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg
  Feature Request - OSCAR Linux rammjet 3 627 07-09-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: rammjet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.