Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lip Flap Solutions for PAPpers?
Lip Flap Solutions for PAPpers?
After considerable trial and error, I've been able to whittle down my leak sources. However, I've drawn a blank when it comes to flappy lips. There's a sound of a cyclone.....I had thought it was trains smacking into each other down the track or the garbage getting collected, and was shocked to realize it was coming from ME!

I have a P10.

Then I thought it must be a leak on the underside of the mask where the pillows are, but no as far as I can tell.....

The lower part of the mask does overhang my mouth quite a bit (maybe halfway), but I think the lip flap involves my lip under the mask. With my jaws suitably shut, there's nowhere for internal air pressure to go except making the top lip flap. Eeeek! Cyclone mouth.

Any ideas out there to nip lip flapping in the bud?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lip Flap Solutions for PAPpers?
Time. You are undertaking too much with nothing to back up your hypothesiseses.

Give it time. Stop messing. Give it time.

You got a reader yet?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2017, 06:14 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Time. You are undertaking too much with nothing to back up your hypothesiseses.

You got a reader yet?

She has posted Sleepyhead charts here.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2017, 06:14 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Time. You are undertaking too much with nothing to back up your hypothesiseses.

You got a reader yet?

I can feel the air. It wakes me up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the dreamwear, and had the same problem flapping lips waking me up Now I have the amara view, with different problems.
What helped with the dreamwear was taping. But, you don't really need to tape you mouth shut, you just need the lips to
be firmer. You could try just taping the upper lip. Or, tape both, but make a nice big slit in the middle for breathing. Worked for me.
Best tape was 3M nexcare sensitive skin. Though masking tape also worked.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2017, 11:21 PM)mltam Wrote: I had the dreamwear, and had the same problem flapping lips waking me up Now I have the amara view, with different problems.
What helped with the dreamwear was taping. But, you don't really need to tape you mouth shut, you just need the lips to
be firmer. You could try just taping the upper lip. Or, tape both, but make a nice big slit in the middle for breathing. Worked for me.
Best tape was 3M nexcare sensitive skin. Though masking tape also worked.

I'm thinking I'll try that next, maybe during a nap. I'll bet I can just use one strip vertically, and it'll hold the whole mouth together, 'cos that stuff is sticky.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 673 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,554 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Creative solutions if you don't have a night stand? rpierce 6 668 08-28-2023, 06:51 AM
Last Post: dataq1
  Chipmunk cheeks solutions SystemF 2 1,081 07-13-2023, 02:42 AM
Last Post: barney999
  Products or solutions for cleaning the inside the machine jmordoj 2 802 07-01-2023, 04:13 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Air Mini Noise solutions? Frequenttraveler 31 38,079 11-25-2022, 09:08 PM
Last Post: lynnk
  [Equipment] Power Solutions Freedom V2 CPAP Battery Kit for ResMed AirSense 10 TexasColonel 5 1,961 03-16-2021, 11:29 AM
Last Post: TexasColonel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.