Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lip balm with mouth taping?
Lip balm with mouth taping?
I think I am having mouth leaks pretty frequently.  I'm thinking of using mouth tape, but I have dry skin and lips.  I read a review of a tape that a lot of people like, and one lady said that she could use lip balm with the tape.  Have any of you who use tape been able to do this?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Lip balm with mouth taping?
When I used to tape, I always used a little bit of lip balm. It helped prevent the tape from pulling skin off my lips.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2021, 01:37 PM)Cpapian Wrote: When I used to tape, I always used a little bit of lip balm.  It helped prevent the tape from pulling skin off my lips.

Thanks! I think I'll order some now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I apply a little lanolin on my lips prior to taping and use 3M Micropore for Sensitive Skin. I purse my lips before placing the tape. The tape has never come off and is easy to remove. Good luck to you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thanks for the suggestions! I have that 3M tape and used it last night. My lips were tender after I removed it. (Maybe old tape; I worked for 3M long ago....they used to make tape in 5 foot wide rolls. :-) )
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still learning!

ResMed N20; ResMed P30i modified headgear; F&P Evora Full FFM

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried full face mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2021, 03:15 PM)YipeekiOH Wrote: I apply a little lanolin on my lips prior to taping and use 3M Micropore for Sensitive Skin. I purse my lips before placing the tape. The tape has never come off and is easy to remove. Good luck to you!

Thanks! Lanolin is what I actually use, so I'm glad to hear that tape will work with it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(11-28-2021, 02:27 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: Have you tried full face mask?

Yes, I started out with one, but I actually have less leaking with nasal pillows and now with the Bleep system.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've switched to Cover-Roll Stretch tape.  It stays on securely all night and pulls much less than 3M Micropore tape on removal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave L. - The regular white Micropore was horrible. My lips bled when I removed the tape which prompted me to try the 3M Nexcare for Sensitive Skin and it works great. I tried the Cover-Roll and didn’t care much for it. May try it again the future.

Deborah K. - Isn’t Bleep a wonderful solution? :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth tape for bearded people accetableplaintain 8 237 08-03-2022, 04:39 PM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  Can Oscar show if someone is mouth breathing with nasal pillows sndraco 2 235 07-29-2022, 10:31 PM
Last Post: sndraco
Question Question - apnea mouth devices Thimbelina 1 149 07-19-2022, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Mouth Breathing FriedRice 14 603 07-12-2022, 03:13 PM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Rainout/dry mouth issues rowlf914 22 886 06-19-2022, 09:15 AM
Last Post: rowlf914
  Mouth leak and taping question Moemah123 5 335 06-14-2022, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  chin strap v mouth tape cberistain 23 1,442 06-01-2022, 10:58 PM
Last Post: sreiter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.