Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data logged and made available
Data logged and made available
I have a few questions about data logged and made available by the various models.
I know there are 3 levels of data (with naming taken from a ResMed leaflet):

1. Compliance data
2. Summary data (including AHI, leaks)
3. Detailed data and High-resolution flow.

I could check my AirSense 10 has #1 and #2.
So far, I could not download from the SD card to Oscar data #2.
Is that even possible?

My first device was very noisy, and I got a replacement which is very silent.
My first impression is that both inhaling and exhaling are not as easy with the new device, and I suspect if that is true, then it would prevent a normal sleep. I expect this is not a necessary trade-off for being silent.
The AirSense does not record data #3.
Would this data help in confirming whether the device introduces any hindrance to normal inhaling/exhaling?
Otherwise, would complementary data from a polysomnography help in evaluating this?
I guess I could also call the provider to send yet another device and try, but my questions remain.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data logged and made available
The AirSense 10 does, indeed, record detailed flow and pressure data... but only if the SD card is in the machine while you sleep. Try again, and leave the card in the machine for an hour or so after you wake up.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2021, 05:58 AM)pholynyk Wrote: The AirSense 10 does, indeed, record detailed flow and pressure data... but only if the SD card is in the machine while you sleep. Try again, and leave the card in the machine for an hour or so after you wake up.

This is very good news and I will try it (I thought this was a main difference between the AirSense 10 and the AirSense 10 Elite).

But I still would like to know about my questions, plus three more now (in bold below)!!
That would be:

1. Can I download data of type #2 from the SD card to Oscar? How?
2. Would data of type #3 help in confirming whether the device introduces any hindrance to normal inhaling/exhaling?
3. Otherwise, would complementary data from a polysomnography help in evaluating this?
4. How can I see data of type #3 in my AirSense 10?
5. How can I download data of type #3 from the SD card to Oscar?
6. What is the difference between the AirSense 10 and the AirSense 10 Elite, if not recording data of type #3?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sancho - I don't fully understand the "Type"' numbers. As far as I know, the AS10 CPAP only records summary data. No other detailed sleep data is recorded. The Elite is a static pressure (single set pressure) CPAP only, but does offer detailed sleep data. The Autoset and the Autoset for Her both are variable pressure range CPAP machines that also allow for detailed sleep data. By "detailed sleep data", I am referring to the high resolution flow data and various other flow parameters in addition to the summary data.

To download your detailed data to OSCAR, you insert the SD card into your computer's SD card reader. If your computer doesn't have a n SD card reader, you can use a USB SD card reader. In OSCAR, you will select the CPAP Importer option and select the SD card as your source.

I hope I have answered your questions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2021, 05:36 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Sancho  -  I don't fully understand the "Type"' numbers.   As far as I know, the AS10 CPAP only records summary data.  No other detailed sleep data is recorded.  The Elite is a static pressure (single set pressure) CPAP only, but does offer detailed sleep data.  The Autoset and the Autoset for Her both are variable pressure range CPAP machines that also allow for detailed sleep data.  By "detailed sleep data", I am referring to the high resolution flow data and various other flow parameters in addition to the summary data.

To download your detailed data to OSCAR, you insert the SD card into your computer's SD card reader.  If your computer doesn't have a n SD card reader, you can use a USB SD card reader.  In OSCAR, you will select the CPAP Importer option and select the SD card as your source.

I hope I have answered your questions.

The "type" numbers are described in my original question. The "summary data" (AS10) is type #2.
"Detailed sleep data" is type #3.
If I understood correctly, you say the AS10 does not record #3, and the Elite and Autoset do (same as I understood).
OTOH, @pholynyk mentions the AS10 does record #3.
So what is the correct answer? This would be related to (but not the same as) questions 4, 5, 6.
I interpret you answers would be something like:
4. You cannot.
5. You cannot.
6. The difference is recording data of type #3.
Am I correct?

Still, I am not seeing an answer for my other questions.
As I mention, I did plug the SD card into the reader of the PC and clicke Import in Oscar. I got then Compliance data, type #1, but nothing else. I expected that to also show in Oscar my Summary data, but it doesn't.
Am I doing things right? Is what I observed the normal behaviour? This would be related to (but not the same as) question 1.

Finally, my questions 2, 3 relate to an apparent (I would have to confirm) hindrance to normal inhaling/exhaling.
I don't see an answer to those, perhaps I missed it.
Post Reply Post Reply
"AirSense 10" is a model line, and there are four models: CPAP, ELITE, AUTOSET, AUTOSET for Her. So saying "AS10" does not say which model you are referring to, and the answers are different for CPAP vs other models. If you just say "AS10," readers may think you are referring to the AUTOSET, which is the best respected model.

The CPAP model does not record detailed data; all other models do record detailed data.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Someday we will find a way to shame ResMed into removing any model that does not record detailed data. The CPAP model is useless for anybody that wants the best therapy.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2021, 08:05 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: "AirSense 10" is a model line, and there are four models: CPAP, ELITE, AUTOSET, AUTOSET for Her. So saying "AS10" does not say which model you are referring to, and the answers are different for CPAP vs other models. If you just say "AS10," readers may think you are referring to the AUTOSET, which is the best respected model.

The CPAP model does not record detailed data; all other models do record detailed data.

Then you are correct in that I was not specific.
Having learned that, by AS10 I was referring to AS10-CPAP.

Do you have any comment on my questions #1-#3?

1. Can I download data of type #2 from the SD card with data recorded in my AS10-CPAP to Oscar? How?
I did plug the SD card into the reader of the PC and clicked Import in Oscar.
I got then Compliance data, type #1, but nothing else. I expected that to also show in Oscar my Summary data, but it doesn't.
Am I doing things right?
Is what I observed the normal behaviour?

2. Would data of type #3 (if I had an AS10-Elite, e.g.) help in confirming whether the device introduces any hindrance to normal inhaling/exhaling?

3. Otherwise, would complementary data from a polysomnography help in evaluating this?

(11-30-2021, 09:01 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Someday we will find a way to shame ResMed into removing any model that does not record detailed data. The CPAP model is useless for anybody that wants the best therapy.

This is what I learned from reading this board.

Do you have any comment on my questions #1-#3?

1. Can I download data of type #2 from the SD card with data recorded in my AS10-CPAP to Oscar? How?
I did plug the SD card into the reader of the PC and clicked Import in Oscar.
I got then Compliance data, type #1, but nothing else. I expected that to also show in Oscar my Summary data, but it doesn't.
Am I doing things right?
Is what I observed the normal behaviour?

2. Would data of type #3 (if I had an AS10-Elite, e.g.) help in confirming whether the device introduces any hindrance to normal inhaling/exhaling?

Post Reply Post Reply
You'll find your ResMed AS10 CPAP will not have any detailed data. I'm not certain how you obtained this machine, but I'd be inclined to return it and exchange for at least the ResMed Elite, and better yet would be the AutoSet. I think it'll be difficult to adjust this CPAP without detailed data. It's similar to driving blind.

And with your comments that it's not the same feeling therapy, I'd say the settings are wanting changed.

PS answering your questions
1. This sounds correct if you had the SD card in the CPAP before you used it.
2. Yes. Elite is the minimum machine that lets you see detailed OSCAR data so you can edit settings while seeing data.
3. The PSG sleep test would not be very helpful. It's only a 1 night snapshot in a lab not home. If you attempt to edit pressure settings this way, you need the lab test after every edit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 365 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple
  Made a few tweaks , trying to analyze FordGuy84 0 386 06-05-2023, 04:16 PM
Last Post: FordGuy84
  Any chages to be made to CPAP machine? No real guidance msb1xr 1 589 12-21-2022, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Made (Therapy Thread) Made 37 1,964 08-12-2022, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.