Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lip balm with mouth taping?
Lip balm with mouth taping?
I think I am having mouth leaks pretty frequently.  I'm thinking of using mouth tape, but I have dry skin and lips.  I read a review of a tape that a lot of people like, and one lady said that she could use lip balm with the tape.  Have any of you who use tape been able to do this?
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lip balm with mouth taping?
When I used to tape, I always used a little bit of lip balm. It helped prevent the tape from pulling skin off my lips.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2021, 01:37 PM)Cpapian Wrote: When I used to tape, I always used a little bit of lip balm.  It helped prevent the tape from pulling skin off my lips.

Thanks! I think I'll order some now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I apply a little lanolin on my lips prior to taping and use 3M Micropore for Sensitive Skin. I purse my lips before placing the tape. The tape has never come off and is easy to remove. Good luck to you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions! I have that 3M tape and used it last night. My lips were tender after I removed it. (Maybe old tape; I worked for 3M long ago....they used to make tape in 5 foot wide rolls. :-) )
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried full face mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2021, 03:15 PM)YipeekiOH Wrote: I apply a little lanolin on my lips prior to taping and use 3M Micropore for Sensitive Skin. I purse my lips before placing the tape. The tape has never come off and is easy to remove. Good luck to you!

Thanks! Lanolin is what I actually use, so I'm glad to hear that tape will work with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2021, 02:27 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: Have you tried full face mask?

Yes, I started out with one, but I actually have less leaking with nasal pillows and now with the Bleep system.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've switched to Cover-Roll Stretch tape.  It stays on securely all night and pulls much less than 3M Micropore tape on removal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave L. - The regular white Micropore was horrible. My lips bled when I removed the tape which prompted me to try the 3M Nexcare for Sensitive Skin and it works great. I tried the Cover-Roll and didn’t care much for it. May try it again the future.

Deborah K. - Isn’t Bleep a wonderful solution? :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 28 4 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 366 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 313 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 802 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,164 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.