Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lip balm with mouth taping?
RE: Lip balm with mouth taping?
(11-28-2021, 09:00 PM)YipeekiOH Wrote: Dave L. - The regular white Micropore was horrible. My lips bled when I removed the tape which prompted me to try the 3M Nexcare for Sensitive Skin and it works great. I tried the Cover-Roll and didn’t care much for it. May try it again in the future.

Deborah K. - Isn’t Bleep a wonderful solution? :-)

Yes, I love using Bleep!

Here's the tape I just ordered.  It got great reviews.  
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BPL5G2C?psc...ct_details
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Deborah K!

That tape is $48.34 Canadian from amazon here. Plus 13% tax...I'm shocked. That's 3 rolls.....so it's about $20 Cdn a roll.
Thanks for the suggestion....My 3M micropore hurt my lips taking it off this morning....

I'm really happy you suggested it. I'll look hard for a better price.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave L - the 3M Nexcare for Sensitive Skin is a lot more expensive than their regular white tape. One roll lasts me about 6 weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deborah K - please keep us posted how that new tape works for you. It is less expensive that the one I’m currently using.

Signed…Your Fellow Bleeper :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2021, 09:00 AM)DaveL Wrote: Thanks Deborah K!

That tape is $48.34 Canadian from amazon here.  Plus 13% tax...I'm shocked.  That's 3 rolls.....so it's about $20 Cdn a roll.
Thanks for the suggestion....My 3M micropore hurt my lips taking it off this morning....

I'm really happy you suggested it. I'll look hard for a better price.

WOW!  It cost me $7.00.  That's a ridiculous difference!  I can also get a five-yard roll for just $10.00 but decided to go cheap in case I hate taping.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2021, 02:47 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: WOW!  It cost me $7.00.  That's a ridiculous difference!  I can also get a five-yard roll for just $10.00 but decided to go cheap in case I hate taping.

I'll check and see if I can buy it through ama_on dot com.  I truly appreciate your recommendation. I'll spend time looking to see if I can get it for the right price.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2021, 09:00 PM)YipeekiOH Wrote: Dave L. - The regular white Micropore was horrible. My lips bled when I removed the tape which prompted me to try the 3M Nexcare for Sensitive Skin and it works great. I tried the Cover-Roll and didn’t care much for it. May try it again the future.

Deborah K. - Isn’t Bleep a wonderful solution? :-)

YipeekiOH I'm sorry I didn't respond to your comment.

Thanks for telling me the Micropore was horrible.

I'll look and see if I can find#M Nexcare for Sensitive Skin. 

(I used to buy tape in the 3M Company Store in London Ontario. It was awful! The would sell what should have been thrown away! They used to make tape for private label.  It was the same as 3M tape but cheaper retail cost. Looking at it you couldn't tell it was 3M.)

I may try Shopper's Drug Mart private label and see how their sensitive skin tape feels....
Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Deborah K - smart move buying the $7 roll. This way you aren’t stuck with a bunch of tape.

Dave L - I’m thinking that a store brand might be cheaper. I bought my first roll at Walgreen’s when I got my Covid booster & flu shot and the store brand was not in stock and was a couple of bucks cheaper.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Store brands are cheaper. I'll look for the silicone tape first....
(my old tape is the Nex...gentle tape. It's not fun to take off.)

Last night I reviewed my recorded pressure during treatment. I was surprised how high it was on two occasions. 19. I was hoping to change my settings. I didn't tape. I used my pad under my chin. Worked well until I woke up at 5:00 this morning....took the pad off and my tretment went to heck in a handbasket when I finally slept. So I taped 4 nights this last week. and my flow chart looks better than it ever has.

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave L - my events went up and the flow chart looked wonky when I used the neck roll. With tape they went down and the flow charts looked good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 7 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 372 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 316 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,078 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 805 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,165 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.