Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lip gets stuck- full face mask (F10/F20)
RE: Lip gets stuck- full face mask (F10/F20)
Walla Walla,
At first, when we had a couple good nights with the F20 Large, she would choose that one when I showed it to her along with the F10 Med. I am sure because her lip didn't get stuck. We both thought it was the answer.

But, then we started with inconsistency- large leaks that made her tired the next day. Once we had the 9 good days at my house with the F10 Med, that became her choice. Next was the bed change back to her house and haircut or the planets shifting (LOL), and the F10 Med seemed to become just as "leaky" some nights.
I wash mask each night and use Remzzz liner.

Good thought though to bring back to the front of my mind.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2017, 12:44 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Also, checking the AHI at night while in use is only accurate up to that point. It will change by morning because of time.

I will show her the Fit Life face mask.  I'm guessing she won't like it but will put a positive spin on it.

I understand.  I check the large leak rate during the night so that if its crazy- like, 30%, I can switch mask or completely reposition.
Some of the final large leaks in the teens may have started as much higher, then with adjustment and the rest of the night's data settled in the teens. 
I will start tracking though if I have a very high leak during the night before an adjustment because, to your point, the final number could be misleading.  I don't always right it down when I look.

Not on the graphs I posted though.  I recall the adjustments were in the AM and were not on the nights when I switched mask to mask.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
What about the Innomed Aspen? It rests under the chin, so her lip would not be a problem. (but I'm only a week into cpap and only mention this after seeing my daughter's Innomed Hybrid. I'm considering the Aspen for myself, but have not seen one in person)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,601 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AHI stuck around 10 PercyA 3 191 02-28-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 700 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 447 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.