Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

List CPAP user on Medical ID Tag?
List CPAP user on Medical ID Tag?
I need to order medical ID bracelet and finally found a place that sold a bracelet where there is no metal contact with my skin (I have a metals allergy). Since I have mild apnea, should I or should I not include that? Does it make any difference to the paramedics? I can see that it might for someone with severe apnea. thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: List CPAP user on Medical ID Tag?
In a word, yes. Probably not an issue for paramedics; but suppose you end up being admitted to a hospital. They need to know and assign an RT to setup CPAP for you during your stay.

I carry my list of conditions, medications and physicians with me whenever I leave the house. In the house, it's pinned on a cork board near the door.

I'm a little surprised that you have an issue with the stainless steel tags. SS is fairly inert.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Where would you go to get a Med ID bracelet and what would have to be ingraved as to the alert?
Post Reply Post Reply
This morning I found out that my drivers license expired. On filling out the paperwork, they now have something on your license that indicates you have medical information in your wallet/purse. That's cool.

Where to get medical ID is online? Lots of choices. I googled medical ID. You can also get in Ebay. I decided to just have a medallion made and make a necklace out of cloth or cording with a breakaway tab. I can encase the medallion in silicon to prevent contact with my skin.

Yeah, it's weird to find out that stainless steel can cause an allergy reaction. It took years to find out, for instance that the painful rash I had on my arms was from using stainless steel sink to wash dishes. It's probably nickel, although I've had problems with supposed nickel-free things. My flatware doesn't cause any problems.

As to what is engraved, depends on your health issues. They are really pushing for those who have diabetes to have a med id tag at my clinic. Makes a difference in emergency treatment. It can also change how you might be viewed at a traffic stop since symptoms of high and low blood sugars can resemble being drunk.
Post Reply Post Reply
I plan on getting one shortly. Have med allergies, SA, On a full strength aspurin a day so i bleed like a stuck pig.
The SA is impotant to have on there.
Even after major sinus sugery i was fitted with a fitlife mask and put on apap during hospital stay of 3 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Road ID is a great medical ID just search roadid.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 405 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,474 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,036 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,591 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 329 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.