Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oscar 1.3 download problem
RE: oscar 1.3 download problem
(10-18-2021, 01:44 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: about 3 hours.. still frozen as we speak.
charlie

How long does it stay stuck there before you reboot?
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
I just downloaded the new Oscar on my Windows 7 x64 system and everything went fine --- EXCEPT  none of the daily notes I keep transferred over.  They're all gone.  I haven't looked yet to see if there are any other issues.

NEVER MIND, it takes a few minutes to appear apparently, all is ok.  Delete this ok by me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just guessing, but I'll bet they are still wherever OSCAR saved them, but the linkage to them got lost when it rebuilt from the Backup directory.
We'll look into recovery, and preventing the loss. No Promises, though.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:about 3 hours.. still frozen as we speak.

charlie

My Windows skills are a bit rusty.  Delete the current OSCAR file you downloaded, reboot, download OSCAR again and see if it will install properly.

I just downloaded and installed it in my Win10 VM and it worked fine.  Do you have any AV software running? If so, either turn it off while installing, or make an exception for OSCAR.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could there be an issue with the "about" files? I'm running the Debian 11 version, and while I had no issues installing it and it seems to work just fine the first thing it did when I started the new version (aside from rebuilding the data) was bring up the About dialogue box, except that it can't locate the About file, the Release Notes file, or the Credits file. (The Licence is there and loads correctly though.)

- Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2021, 01:37 AM)Neelix Wrote: I'm running the Debian 11 version, and while I had no issues installing it and it seems to work just fine  the first thing it did when I started the new version (aside from rebuilding the data) was bring up the About dialogue box, except that it can't locate the About file, the Release Notes file, or the Credits file.  (The Licence is there and loads correctly though.)

I've seen a similar report in the beta test forum, and the answer offered there was that it was an installer problem.

Pholynyk Wrote:Verified that Release Notes and Translations are not found after standard install.

On Debian 10 , doing "sudo apt purge oscar" and then re-install fixed the problem. It should work on other Debian derived distributions.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
cberistain Wrote:a little progress ... switched from the edge/chromium based browser to the google chrome browser .. I was able to download the .exe file.. when I attempt to install it, I get the warnings, and I click on "install anyway" type message ... install progresses quickly to about 2/3 before it freezes on "c:\program files\about-pl.html" .. rebooted and got the same message, so I'm stuck .. any advice?

It could be that you have a corrupted download. Try downloading a fresh copy and see if that one will install ok.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, that worked and the files show up now.

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
problem solved.  acronis true image was blocking the installation. disabled it and install worked 

thanks for all the help
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 200 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 495 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 299 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 564 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 441 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.