Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Local DME?
Local DME?
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this. Please correct me if I'm not. I'm unclear because I'm not referring to an online source.

I'm getting a CPAP machine, and yippee, I don't have to do another sleep test.  I can auto-test!

However, the doc wants to know which provider I'd like to use. How do I figure this out?

Do I call Resmed? Do I look at a list somewhere for my area?

What questions do I ask a DME?

If I don't do a sleep study, how do I try on masks?

It has to be Medicare-compatible.

I live in VT-NH.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Local DME?
Check out internet sites that review businesses. You can probably call medicare and find out which DME's in your area accept Medicare.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Chase down a MediCare DME thru this site.  I'm doing the same thing

https://www.medicare.gov/supplierdirectory/search.html

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Check with your Medicare advantage provider.
After a year I did and was told about a local pharmacy /DME that accepts what Medicare pays as full payment, no copay from me.
Post Reply Post Reply
For local CPAP providers, Google refers me to the following suppliers: pig feed, plumbing, tractor supply, water works, beauty products, welding stuff...

LMAO.
Post Reply Post Reply
The easiest way is to contact your insurance (Medicare) for a list of DME's that they contract with in your area.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2017, 09:54 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: For local CPAP providers, Google refers me to the following suppliers: pig feed, plumbing, tractor supply, water works, beauty products, welding stuff...

LMAO.

Sounds like Tractor Supply. John Deere CPAP anybody?

OK as others stated and as I did for myself, regardless of insurance company, contact their customer service dept. They'll be able to tell you who's in network near you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You DME should help you find a mask that works for you.

Be sure to get copies of your prescription and all other paper work related to you diagnosis. They will make it easier to switch DMEs if you need to.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Depends on how many DME's are in your area. There are four near me. I just walked into each store and started asking questions, etc. I picked the store that had the best attitude, most knowledgeable and most cooperative. I have had great success with the one I picked. Also sent a compliment to the general office for the employees that helped me. Did not realize it but due to the compliment they were presented with a gift from the company. That did not hurt the situation by the way!!
Post Reply Post Reply
It is autocorrecting to cpvc pipe. Try spelling out word or sleep apnea supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Not in stock at local branch level" medical supply Apria tierdal 6 1,161 04-20-2021, 10:04 PM
Last Post: tierdal
  Local DME supplier Big Guy 2 737 07-31-2020, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  My local Craigslist find Vitamin J 9 2,311 12-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Ellen Sauer
  Is my local DME crooked or is this normal? Michaely6 46 5,608 11-20-2018, 06:46 AM
Last Post: MitchS
Question A decision between ResMed & Philips, how important is it to have a local DME provider bonum.noctem 5 1,632 07-29-2018, 05:57 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Local Provider vs. Online CPAP BigDaddySnooze 15 3,920 07-10-2016, 05:06 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Newbie question - should I buy my FIRST machine online or from a local distributor? kowlooner 11 3,333 04-26-2016, 10:53 PM
Last Post: kowlooner

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.