Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Local Sleep Clinic Complaints . . .
Local Sleep Clinic Complaints . . .
I don't want to violate any rules but I've just about had it up-to-here with my local sleep clinic and the way they treat seniors as though we all had the brains of a two-week-old puppy. I just got publicly chewed out in the lobby by a doctor because I didn't want to fill out the same g-d forms when all I wanted to do was get supplies for my CPAP that would be paid for under medicare. I'm tired of paying for all my own supplies.

If this is too sensitive a topic for this board, I'm fine with that and I'll simply walk away (my frustration will continue but that's not the fault of anyone here). For the record, I've had a very medically eventful life and I'm very much an advocate of understanding and being in charge of my own health care. I've been using a CPAP since 1991 (nightly, can't live, well, sleep without it). Anyway, this is becoming increasingly difficult when the 'best' justification most clinics give to patients is that 'it's our paradigm'. Honestly, if I hear that word again I may go verbally postal.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Local Sleep Clinic Complaints . . .
Welcome

You will find various levels of frustration among the members here. It is a common theme, unfortunately. It doesn't need to be that way and some members have found better providers. Congrats on taking charge of your therapy and increasing the quality of your life!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
If we shutdown every person who complains about their sleep clinic, we'd have no members.
You've not violated any rules.

The topic sort of straddles the main forum area and the off-topic area; so a moderator might choose to move your post to the off topic area.

So, Welcome
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
obieephyhm: You've been a member on this forum since September 2013 and this is your first post??? That's what's showing at least, is it true? LOL
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2015, 07:11 PM)cate1898 Wrote: obieephyhm: You've been a member on this forum since September 2013 and this is your first post??? That's what's showing at least, is it true? LOL

It's possible. Or, SuperSleeper messed up the post counts DielaughingDielaughingDielaughing
Sometimes he has a bad day when he runs out of coffee.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
To all and sundry . . .

Yes, I've been a member here for awhile. I'm an introvert, what can I say? More specifically, I've been through the wringer since 2008 with multiple surgeries and complications. 2013-2014 where spent in pretty rapid renal failure. Transplant numero tre took place early last december. T'is a long and complicated trail . . . which doesn't leave me a whole lot of time for much else, I'm afraid. But . . . to really date myself, I used to participate in all kinds of forums back in the BBS days . . . (let's see how many get that reference).

Anyway, does anyone here have any successful history filing complaints against so-called 'providers' -- I'm really rather (fill-in negative emotions of choice) from getting chewed-out by a doctor in front of staff and other patients while in the waiting room . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
many of us here are that old Tongue

but i like to imagine there was no life before the internet!
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2015, 08:04 PM)obieephyhm Wrote: ...Anyway, does anyone here have any successful history filing complaints against so-called 'providers' -- I'm really rather (fill-in negative emotions of choice) from getting chewed-out by a doctor in front of staff and other patients while in the waiting room . . .

You might try your State Health Insurance Program (SHIP.)
Realistically, perhaps the best recourse is to write the doc up on Yelp giving a truthful opinion of the doc's professional behavior.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2015, 08:04 PM)obieephyhm Wrote: Anyway, does anyone here have any successful history filing complaints against so-called 'providers'

Not me.

They billed my insurance company for a mask kit, then separately for a mask, headgear & nasal pillows, for about $400, when I only got the mask.

I complained to both the insurance company and the DME and nobody gave a crap.

My only solution was to switch to "Visa" and the internet for my future purchases. It's not much more expensive for me online, out of pocket than it was to use my insurance and pay the "co pay", and they're much easier to deal with.

My suspicion is that the inflated prices mean that my supposed 20% "copay" of the bizarrely inflated prices covers most of the cost, and the insurance company actually pays little or nothing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, obieephyhm, I do remember the BBS world, as well as 1200 baud modems and the seeming miracle when they introduced the 2400 baud modem. I'll let Medicare pay for everything I can. So you're not alone in here.

As we are basically in the same area, I'll be glad to pass along the name of a certified sleep doctor (a pulmonologist) in our area via email to one of the moderators here, if you're interested. I was treated by all the staff with both professionalism and dignity.
(Being a new member here, I'm not sure how things are done.)

If you have a complaint against a physician you can contact the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  [Diagnosis] Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP Perchance2Dream 0 409 05-09-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Perchance2Dream
  Which vendor/clinic to use for a home sleep study? Out-of-state OK. NightOwl42 2 459 03-07-2023, 04:18 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.