Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Local Sleep Study Results Vastly Different From WatchPat
Local Sleep Study Results Vastly Different From WatchPat
Hi All,

I took the WatchPat test from Lofta and was kind of surprised how much of a difference between that and the two home studies I took from my local sleep doctor. I had one test done back in 2016 and that AHI was around 5. In November I had another test and the AHI was 2.7 and 3.5 for the two days that I took the test. So at the time the recommendation was to visit a cognitive behavioral therapist. I also had a lab study done around 6 years ago (AHI 10) but I was on 2 Ambien and was told by an ENT that the numbers are skewed if you take any sleeping pills.

With the WatchPAT I had issues with the oximeter as it was very throbbing pain (I have thin fingers) no matter what finger I used it. I finally realized that the device has a inflator to wedge your finger in the oximeter so I got a pin and pierced the plastic to deflate it. After that I was able to comfortably fall asleep. I have high anxiety and had to take a Xanex because of what happened with the pain. Maybe piercing the inflatable oximeter threw the numbers off?

I reviewed the results today and was very surprised at how much higher the results were. It came in at an 18.5. I have to assume that the RDI is what factors into the higher AHI number.

A few questions to the group, how can I not have any oxygen saturation in any of the percentages? I also have a fan running for my tinnitus, how does the device know what level of snoring I am having with the fan running?

I am all for trying CPAP but I just want to be certain that this is what actually is the issue and it isn't an anxiety/depression issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do have the prescription from Lofta as they do not accept insurance. I guess I have to talk with my local sleep doctor to see what his thoughts are on this as well as getting a local supply company so that they can help me with the APAP machine.

All of these issues started once I swapped out my bed. I have been through 5-6 mattresses in the past several years and all of them soft or firm cause hip and shoulders to go numb. I end up on my back at some point in the night. 

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Sleep Study from Lofta

Sleep Study from Nov (I will post the second part as I am limited to what I can upload)

Sleep Study from Nov Results Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 8 512 05-21-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
  [Diagnosis] NOX T3 sleep study interpretation SleepyJoejoe 8 253 05-21-2024, 01:32 PM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Someone else sleep study, need review from you Luka07 4 162 05-21-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 112 2,981 05-21-2024, 05:21 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
Question Requesting help dialing in my settings using Oscar results lolo23 7 213 05-20-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Mixed results after one month of use northerner33 8 316 05-15-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: northerner33
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 25 4,055 05-14-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: godiego

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.