Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Location/Format of SleepyHead Data
Location/Format of SleepyHead Data
My husband is using SleepyHead on a Mac. He would like to import the data from his Oximeter that is stored in SleepyHead into Mathematica so he can do further statistical analysis on his nightly data.

Can you tell me where to find the SleepyHead data documentation such as formats and location? I am a retired software engineer and he is an enginer who also understands programming stuff.

I did look at the Wiki and SourceForge websites and could not find detailed enough information.

Thank you in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Location/Format of SleepyHead Data
Can any mac users help TillerBee?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2016, 02:54 PM)TillerBee Wrote: My husband is using SleepyHead on a Mac. He would like to import the data from his Oximeter that is stored in SleepyHead into Mathematica so he can do further statistical analysis on his nightly data.

Can you tell me where to find the SleepyHead data documentation such as formats and location? I am a retired software engineer and he is an enginer who also understands programming stuff.

I did look at the Wiki and SourceForge websites and could not find detailed enough information.

Thank you in advance.
With the Mac client, you can find the datastorage location by looing at the "Select Profile" window which pops up. -- At the bottom is a window labled "Folder:" with the file name/path.

I believe, the raw SleepyHead data you are looking for (assuming you are using v0.9.8-1 testing)
is stored in ~/Documents/SleepHeadData-Testing/Profiles/<name>/<machine>/Events

or psossibly in:
~/Documents/SleepHeadData-Testing/Profiles/<name>/<machine>/Backup/DATALOG/<year>

I don't use an Oximeter, so there is probably a separate folder for the data from that device, but I do not know.

As far as documentation -- there isn't any that I know of. . . except for the fact that the Source Code is available over at SourceForge Smile.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/files/
Bill Magill
Retired computing and networking professional
(ARPAnet, Unix and Mac OSX)
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but actually — from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint —
it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."
The Doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2016, 08:19 AM)whmagill Wrote: As far as documentation -- there isn't any that I know of. . . except for the fact that the Source Code is available over at SourceForge Smile.

Sigh. Just went to check out Source Forge, and apparently JediMark has removed both the binaries and source for all versions of the Mac client.
. . . Or at least they are not obvious.

He is apparently "updating" the GPL (or whatever) license because of some clown who started selling a CD of his code plus the info on this forum for $50. See his blog for details:
https://www.jedimark.net/node/5

Bill Magill
The Doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not familiar with Mac but if that version has the same Help > About as Widows you can find the location of the data folder there.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2016, 12:40 PM)AlanE Wrote: I'm not familiar with Mac but if that version has the same Help > About as Widows you can find the location of the data folder there.
Yes it does. The About function is the same on the Mac. It is available after the user's Profile has been selected.

I'm just more familiar with the "Select Profile" screen simply because it pops-up every time I launch SleepyHead.
Bill Magill
The Doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
The oximetry data is stored under SleepyHeadData-Testing->Profile->Your User Name->OximeterModel with hex code. There are 2 directories here; 1. Events and 2. Summaries. The data in the Events directory has a ".001" extension and the data in the Summaries directory carries a ".000" extension. Both file types are stored in a binary form. I would suggest that you download the SleepyHead source code and look at the code that is used to read and write these files.

Sorry I'm not of any further help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2016, 08:32 AM)whmagill Wrote:
(03-28-2016, 08:19 AM)whmagill Wrote: As far as documentation -- there isn't any that I know of. . . except for the fact that the Source Code is available over at SourceForge Smile.

Sigh. Just went to check out Source Forge, and apparently JediMark has removed both the binaries and source for all versions of the Mac client.
. . . Or at least they are not obvious.

https://sourceforge.net/p/sleepyhead/cod...ster/tree/

source and compiled packages (files) are in different places.
Post Reply Post Reply
Going forward, it might be easier to save the oximeter data to disk in its native format and then let Sleepyhead import it rather than connecting the oximeter directly to Sleepyhead. The Sleepyhead developer, Mark Watkins, documented the Contec CMS50 series data format here: (Scroll to his last post on 2014-06-30.)

https://sourceforge.net/p/sleepyhead/bugs/207/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 4 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 192 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,187 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 156 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: capman
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 288 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  CMI PL-66 OE data import format HiTechHiTouch 5 955 10-28-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: lzmontana

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.