Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Location Setting - Time Difference
Location Setting - Time Difference
Hi Guys,

Just mentioning that in Oscar, when you go to the setting for the time zone difference there is no choice for selecting SYDNEY Australia.

Sydney is by far the largest city in Australia and it has the largest population, about 5.8 million people. I see Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne but no Sydney?

Just mentioning because I have either missed it, or it is an oversight and should be in the choice for time zone settings. I believe it is +11 to UTC.

Oscar is awesome guys, thanks for your hard work over the years. Thanks
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Location Setting - Time Difference
Indeed, it is curious. You may not know that the timezone list was inherited from SleepyHead, which was mostly written by an Australian - but I don't know where he called home. Perhaps he thought that Sydney didn't need any more publicity? Smile I don't know!

As you must know, Sydney shares the same time zone as Melbourne --- but it doesn't really matter, as OSCAR uses the local time and time zone on the computer to calculate the offset to GMT.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that information regarding how Sydney was probably not included.

I will just ensure that i select Melbourne Smile

Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark is somewhere near Sunshine Coast in Queensland, so, I think that is the same timezone but better climate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2021, 10:46 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Mark is somewhere near Sunshine Coast in Queensland, so, I think that is the same timezone but better climate.

@ Sleeprider

LOL thank God you are not in Australia cause they are fighting words. NOTHING in Qld is better than NSW. Too-funny

The rivalries are very real when it comes to our "Cane Toad Friends" .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 33 11 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 159 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 90 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 204 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 327 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 756 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 418 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.