Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR?
Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR?
When I used to use Sleepyhead and a Phillips ASV, I was always warned to lock my SD card so Sleepyhead would not write data to my card and harm it or confuse my machine. I know that that small plastic switch can break if used too much.

With the newer OSCAR software and my ResMed ASV, do I have to bother locking the card with each import? I would love to avoid that step. I do also note that the OSCAR software does not warn me to lock the card.

Can you advise? Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lock SD card when importing into OSCAR?
The only time you need to lock the card is when you are using a ResMed S9 CPAP machine on Windows. That is because Windows writes a file to the card and the S9 machines then thought the card was corrupted and needed to be reformatted, thus wiping all data off the card.

Specifically, you do not need to lock the card from your AirCurve 10 machine.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yahoo! And thank you for that! So PC, ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV > no lock needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does this include the RES11 as well. Which is the lock position? Up or down? Thx!
Post Reply Post Reply
Locking ONLY applies to the Resmed S9.   As far as the lock position, as shown in the image below, it is in the rearmost position.
[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help and guidance. I have things rolling and the amount of data is daunting but exciting. I am looking for the "OSCAR for Dummies" resource if there is such a thing that may have answers to questions like why does my sleep session begin on what appears to be USA Central time instead of Eastern? I'm also spending time learning how to navigate this great site.Thanks again for you patience with this rookie questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
One of the AS11's warts is its clock. Up until the AS11, you would set the time specifically to your locale. The AS11 uses timezones, and not all of them at that. Also, in order to change the timezone setting, will involve the AS11 deleting all the data on your SD card. Bummer! Oh-jeez If you choose to reset the timezone, make a backup copy of your SD card's data on your PC before proceeding. It's good practice to backup the card even if you don't change the time.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the Clinician Manual has direction on changing the Time Zone, although I don't think you can change it once you have data on the device.
I remember that the data would have to be erased before changing the time zone.  

Order the Clinician Manual here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

EDIT:  I see Red has advised on that issue. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are a beacon of light. Job 1: learn how to backup SD card. ? I think I’ll live with the time as it is. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Some SD cards show a little picture of a lock corresponding to having the slide switch in the local position, plus a picture of an unlocked lock to denote the slide switch position of being unlocked. Some cards may not have these little tiny pictures. Mine happens to have them, which was pure dumb luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 68 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 133 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 333 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 427 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,755 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 637 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.