Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Locking sd card for SH
Locking sd card for SH
I am still waiting to get my first CPAP, a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.  I have been doing lots of research and have read that with a Resmed Airsense 9, the sd card should be locked to read only before uploading the data to SleepyHead.  Is this also the case with the AirSense 10?  I do understand that my iMac could write additional info to the card, so I don't want to do anything to corrupt the card and make it unusable to SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Locking sd card for SleepyHead
No, you don't have to worry about locking and unlocking the SD card with AirSense10
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know, the answer is no you don't need to lock the SD card for the 10 series ResMed. I do it anyway, but that's me. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2018, 08:50 AM)silentsnore Wrote: No, you don't have to worry about locking and unlocking the SD card with AirSense10

Thanks so much. I appreciate that info. I will provide Balt lock it too; but now I won’t have to worry about it if I forget to.
Post Reply Post Reply
...and you don't have to lock it for the S9 either. When you put the card into your PC, Sleepyhead gathers all the data and stores it for you. Yes, the SD card may be overwritten by the S9 but as you now have the data saved on your PC it desn't matter.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's more the issue of older operating systems on your PC or Mac that would have over written data on the memory card not the Cpap machine itself. If you have a Windows 10 PC you definitely don't have to worry about this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the replies.  I won't worry about it anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,326 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  It felt like my breathing was locking up? Mr. Van Winkle 8 3,018 12-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Mr. Van Winkle
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.