Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Long Term Use of Travel CPAP
RE: Long Term Use of Travel CPAP
I wanted a travel machine and researched everything I could read on them. For all the features, I bought the DreamStation Go. I can use any mask, it gives me full data with a micro SD card installed (doesn't come with it), and from personal experience it is quiet. I didn't notice any difference using it compared to my PR 560 Auto or my ResMed A10 Elite. Just as quiet, but I sleep with a fan going in my room 365 days a year for the white noise. About humidification, I bought some Heat/Moisture Exchangers to use with it, but haven't tried those out yet. Oh, and my crappy private health care ran out a long time ago and never refills, so this was out of pocket.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Resmed Airsense Autoset 10 that I use at home, as well as a DS Go which I use for my frequent travels. I get better results with the Resmed--AHI values are almost always less than 1.0, and less than 0.5 more than half of the time. No matter how I tweak the DS Go settings, I always get AHI readings ranging from 2.0 to 4.0. So for me, Resmed's algorithm provides better results although the results from my DS Go are good enough in my opinion. The primary reason for my purchase of the DS Go was that it's much more convenient to take along in my flight carry-ons (I avoid checking luggage when possible).

I've used the DS Go for trips as long as 30 days without noting any problems. I do like and have used its optional battery pack, and it's nice to be able to leave that at home if I know I won't need it. However, I live in the desert and appreciate the Resmed's humification chamber while I'm at home. Also, the Resmed is quieter in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2018, 11:03 AM)HL649 Wrote: Has anyone used a travel CPAP machine for a large number of hours?  I am in the process of getting a new machine and I am considering getting a travel CPAP instead of a regular CPAP.  I am curious if they will hold up as well as a regular machine or if they are not designed for everyday use.

I use a Dreamstation Go for traveling over a month each time.  It performs well on a consistent basis.  I've used it in Asia as well as Europe.
I sometimes think it is quieter than my regular Dreamstatiion.
Only problem I've had is with the mirco SD card.  I inserted it incorrectly on initial use and had to have it fixed.  Operator error not the machine.

I've previously used and inline humidifier sponge with the unit, but Respironics just announced a humidifier that is designed for the Dreamstation Go.  I intend to purchase one prior to my next extended trip.

Most insurance companies as well as Medicare will usually not pay for travel unit and supplies, but most items can be easily transferred from a regular unit. like
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long did it take for you to feel better on CPAP? Pebble 6 196 04-21-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 11 273 04-19-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  [Symptoms] long desaturations Mshull 4 195 04-16-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 119 04-15-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 284 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,967 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 778 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.