Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbe , ASV and min EPAP.
RE: Newbe , ASV and min EPAP.
(02-20-2016, 07:48 PM)HermannTheGerman Wrote: Here is a screenshot of my last night.
I kept the min EPAP at 6, because most of the time I am laying on the side and pressure is enough at 6.

Max EPAP is at 10 at the moment, but I believe that this is still not enough.
When I lay on my back there is lots of snore and flow limits.
The EPAP increases to 10 and stayed there for nearly 30 minutes because of the snore and flow limits.

I am going to increase max. EPAP and find a way not to lay on my back.

Screenshot

Hermann

Hi Hermann,

Looks like your median PS is around 5 and your 95 percentile PS is around 6.

I suggest there is probably no need to let PS go as high as 15, which might be causing a lot of air swallowing.

I suggest reducing Max PS to 10 or 11. The spikes in PS above 10 may be during obstructive apneas, when the machine may max out PS to the highest PS can go and still not manage to open an already-collapsed airway (but could be causing excessive air swallowing).

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply.
I will reduce PS to 10 and see what will happen.

Hermann
Post Reply Post Reply
I am back again with some screenshots and some strange things to discuss.
Like I wrote before, my problem is that I am sweating very strong at night.
My AHI is 0.0 most of the nights, no matter what pressure I put the mashine on.
The sweating stops when the min EPEP is below 8.0.
But I am a little tired in the morning and I don´t feel as good as I should feel.
You can see from the screenshot that I do have a lot of flow limitations and some snore with this low pressure. EPEP and IPAP going up and down because of snorring and flow limits.
But I don´t sweat.
[Image: bildschirmfoto2016-04-04um00.2.png]

With a minimum EPAP of 8 or higher I have less snore and less flow limits, but I start sweating again.

Now I swiched the maschine back from autoASV, to just ASV with a fixed EPAP pressure of 9.0.
I have nearly no flow limitations now, nor snore, AHI of 0.0 and I dont sweat.
And guess what, thats exactly the pressure ajustment my sleep lab gave me 11 years ago.
On the folowing screenshot you can see the difference.
On the left is auto ASV, on the right is ASV only.
[Image: bildschirmfoto2016-04-04um00.2.png]

I can´t understand why I react to the different ajustments the way I do.
I know, that I lived with this fixed EPEP of 9.0 setting very good for nearly 9 years.
I startet to try different settings 2 years ago, because I felt tired and had a lot of other problems after a hospital stay.
I found out that I startet mouth breathing after my coma, so I have to use a hybrid mask now. But after I have solved the mouthbreathing problem I didn´t swiched back to my old pressure setting.

I believed that auto ASV would be better than ASV anyway.
But obviously not for me.

Hermann
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS suspected - how set IPAP and EPAP jrcifani5005 20 1,185 03-05-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: jrcifani5005
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 304 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Seemingly little correlation between EPAP (or PS) and AHI or flow rate. [UARS] ldinks 154 12,621 08-09-2023, 05:50 AM
Last Post: Dutchie
  Is this due to too much PS/EPAP? Xeros 7 839 07-31-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Xeros
  Two week newbe need help maskadon 18 1,083 02-19-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: maskadon
  IPAP/EPAP pogosix 7 1,181 04-12-2022, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  ASV Epap vs PS correlation? Moemah123 10 2,573 02-21-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.