Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Long road of suffering
Long road of suffering
I was diagnosed with severe apnea in 2006. Insurance would only allow for an in home study and the result concluded that I needed a cpap machine with a pressure of 16cm. For the past 10 years I begged 3 different Doctors to have an overnight sleep study because I was feeling terrible. I was told that cpap was the solution and that I would just have to deal with it. I finally talked a VA Doctor to give me an overnight study and she agreed. My overnight study was inconclusive so my Doctor decided to change my machine to an ASV. I am feeling so much better! I have included an example of 1 night of cpap results from before I changed to ASV as well as last night's result from my new ASV machine. I would love to here some input as to whether or not I should adjust my settings at all. Thanks for your help!

1.) CPAP

http://i.imgur.com/LNcMRV7.jpg

2.) ASV

http://i.imgur.com/U8hWv1e.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jXFSAx7.jpg

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Long road of suffering
My experience has been that I have twice raised the low pressure and each time improved.Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
You have some pretty good numbers there. Are you able to sleep on your side? That might help with your snore numbers.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try but I will need to tape a bowling ball to my back!
Post Reply Post Reply
what a difference the ASV has made!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2016, 09:28 PM)Jimmy D Wrote: I'll try but I will need to tape a bowling ball to my back!

Hello, Jimmy.

Years ago, when I first started trying to learn to sleep on my side, I found that something as simple as putting a large, firm pillow on either side would help limit how far I could roll over. That and my wife's elbow in the ribs when the snoring got too bad helped me train myself to sleep on my side.

Congratulations on getting a machine that is finally giving you the treatment you need.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on finally getting the right machine - your numbers look excellent.

It's a sad indictment of the medical profession that it took ten years to get there. If the night of CPAP you posted is typical, then I think your previous doctors are guilty of incompetence verging on malpractice.
Post Reply Post Reply
What an improvement! I have a similar story with some low back pain. Two+ years of seeing this doctor and that before one took it seriously enough to order an MRI. Two weeks later I was in the OR! Sometimes it is hard to make doctors take you seriously.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 561 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,818 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  Watchpat suggests UARS after years of suffering. Narrow airway? Rebdr 4 716 10-16-2023, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
  50 second long central apnea esaulcatnas 6 678 09-04-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.