Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Long term nasal user, basic issue when trying full-face
RE: Long term nasal user, basic issue when trying full-face
(09-22-2020, 01:42 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Tongue Suck Technique:
Place your tongue to the roof of your mouth with tip of tongue behind front teeth.  Slowly suck upwards and back.
This places the tongue in a natural position, with the back of tongue sealing the back of the throat so that if you open your mouth/jaw while sleeping, no air will escape.

Do people other than me actually manage to maintain this while asleep? My tongue relaxes when I'm asleep, and the positive air pressure then pushes it away from the roof of my mouth.

I've heard of this trick, but I find actually maintaining it mystifying.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Long term nasal user, basic issue when trying full-face
this is probably not the place to have this discussion but...

I can't do the tongue suck technique to save my life, awake or asleep. I've concluded my tongue is simply too big for my mouth, which is consistent with what dentists and orthodontists have told me since I was a child. I have to curl the tip up or down or it'll expand laterally between my molars and I'll wake myself biting the sides of my tongue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 33 6 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 104 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.