Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Long time CPAP user looking for some feedback
RE: Long time CPAP user looking for some feedback
Three days using the S9 now and I have to say that I didn't imagine that I would feel so much better using it than my PRS1.

I raised the minimum pressure to 8.4 and in the last two nights my AHI was 1.06 and 1.45. I'm feeling much better in the morning.

I'm definitely changing my machine to a Airsense 10 Autoset now and I will advice my father to try the S9 and maybe use this one as his main machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Long time CPAP user looking for some feedback
(10-13-2018, 12:13 AM)fallonkane Wrote: I've been using CPAP for about 2,5y now and luckily I never had any big issue using it. I started with a nasal mask and then changed to a nasal pillows mask that was lighter and less intrusive during my sleep. I use the Airfit P10 and love it how simple and light it is, the only issue that I have with it is the head gear that gets loose very fast and I have to replace it every 6 to 8 months. For this particular reason I'm thinking in changing to the Swift FX, that is similar, but the head gear seems to be more better.

A suggestion about the mask: try a Fisher & Paykel Brevida nasal-pillow mask and compare that to the Resmed P10 and see whether you get along better with that. The Brevida has single-strap headgear like the P10, and it's elastic, but unlike the P10 its strap is endlessly adjustable and you can always tighten it some more without using any kluge-clips. The Brevida strap lasts a very long time even with oily hair and stretching, and you only have to replace it when it's actually worn out, not when it gets so long from stretching that it doesn't fit any more, because you never have that problem. There's a velcro adjustment on each side, and it'll fit a head of any size.

The Brevida pillow, or nosepiece, is also much softer and it feels less intrusive than the P10's pillows do. The protuberances might look larger at first, but the silicone is very soft. It might even be that they protrude into your nostrils farther than the P10's do; I don't really know or care because it's not painful, and there are two sizes of pillow included if you buy the full mask package, labeled XS-S and M-L. For me, the mask seal with the Brevida is usually quite good, but it always helps to clean the silicone nosepiece with Dawn liquid dish detergent and wash your face before putting the mask on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,452 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.