Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Long time cpap'r with new machine - confused.
RE: Long time cpap'r with new machine - confused.
[Image: screenshot-20170305-093858-XL.png]

[Image: screenshot-20170305-093907-XL.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Now you can see what is driving the pressure increases and correlates to few events you had.  You earned a gold star as chart pupil of the week!   like
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No one I know has the answer for why I keep waking up every hour for the first 6 hours and finally at the end of the night , let''s say around 6 AM I finally get 2 hrs of sleep at one time. I have been using the Phillips machine for about 4 years and the cpap doc tells me it is what it is , then all of a sudden without any clue to why I end up sleeping sever hrs but not more than 3 or 4 at one time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi aucivil,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sounds like you are off to a pretty good start with your new machine, keep up the good work.
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and also with getting the new machine dialed in to better meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2017, 06:46 PM)pablo4u2 Wrote: No one I know has the answer for why I keep waking up every hour for the first 6 hours and finally at the end of the night , let''s say around 6 AM I finally get 2 hrs of sleep at one time. I have been using the Phillips machine for about 4 years and the cpap doc tells me it is what it is , then all of a sudden without any clue to why I end up sleeping sever hrs but not more than 3 or 4 at one time.

A possibility is that it is a form of insomnia, possibly conditioned by the apnea. If that were so, then sleep restriction therapy might be helpful.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 212 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 92 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,444 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 309 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 629 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,743 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.