Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Optimizing!
RE: Help Optimizing!
I'd increase to 12cm and review.
You may also be getting some mouth leaks, that you can read about on the site. Or go to a mask that also covers the mouth, while you set up the machine. It takes out a variable.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are good but you are mouth breathing. Try taping your lips to see if that helps. Also your events contain a lot of positional, so add the collar. Because your numbers are good I'll suggest slowly increasing pressure so bump your min to 9 with the potential to increase more.

I would include Flow Limits on your charts you can vertically shrink the snore, leak and flow limits to get it to fit.

Keep reporting how you feel and comfort issues as they are actually more important than numbers now.
Post Reply Post Reply
The higher minimum pressure did reduce flow limitations and snoring, but the AHI is mainly positional so I'm in agreement with Bonjour. If anything, the results show how effective the Resmed Autoset is at getting to a therapy pressure, even with completely unoptimized settings. Your median and 95 % pressures are only slightly higher with the minimum pressure of 8 vs 4. The change in pressure did not resolve the root problems of leaks and positional apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your replies! I'll increase to 9 and add a collar. I think I'll also add ramp back in but on a lower ramp time. I think it helped me fall asleep with my mouth closed. When I fall asleep with my mouth closed, it stays closed but I think the issue is that as I fall asleep w/o ramp, I'm drooling as I drift off. So I'll try experimenting with that.

About the cervical collar, is there a popular one(s) that people on the board tend to prefer or is it best to just poke around Amazon. Can someone link an example so I know exactly what I'm looking for?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,150 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  New User - Help Optimizing Therapy Jakeb24 3 221 03-07-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,380 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
Sad Lygodia Therapy Thread: Optimizing My Airsense 10 lygodia 43 2,658 02-09-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: lygodia
  Need help optimizing and figuring out data variability please fert 8 520 01-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: fert
  Optimizing APAP settings meticulousdonut 3 322 01-16-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: meticulousdonut
  Need advice regarding optimizing CPAP litodorito 3 333 01-14-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.