Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't stay asleep all night
RE: Can't stay asleep all night
So I guess the saving grace is that if our CPAP is working, we are getting solid sleep when we think we are asleep. I guess that is something to be thankful for.
Post Reply Post Reply
They've done a ton of studies on sleep and sleep patterns. There's no one set way to sleep. Some do better with just 4 hrs, a few hrs of light activity, then 4 hrs more. Some do great with 7, others need 10.

Then add in the time of year, mood, food and drink intake, lighting, activity, and bunch of other stuff, and it really comes down to how you feel.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2012, 03:05 PM)jodiramm Wrote: because she has sleep apnea and that she knew i had it too and as soon as i got on the CPAP i would be able to sleep through the night.

Your sister is lucky because she can sleep through the night. I was hoping I'd be lucky, too. But like you I still wake up several times a night. Before CPAP therapy it was worse, and now with CPAP therapy it's getting better. It just takes more time for some of us to adjust. Things started improving slowly for me, but I noticed improvement after just a few weeks. Nine months later I'm still improving. I still wake up a few times each night, but it's getting easier and easier to fall back asleep.

Some doctors say that everyone wakes up a few times each night, but not everyone remembers waking up. Whatever. As long as I can eventually get back to sleep I'm happy.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, i actually just woke up and i had 6 hours of sleep and i only woke up once. Now that is something to smile about Smile. I decided to stay up and not go back to sleep because i have to get used to going back to work and to me 6 hours is amazing. I think i must have slept on the hose with my ear though because it hurts and is red and i know it wasn't my head gear because it is not tight. Kind of weird because i sleep on my left side and it is my right ear? Maybe the hose was on top of my ear somehow? I don't know, i can live with that because i am just happy about the 6 hours, but i also know that it was a good night and not trying to sound negative, but i am sure they won't always be like that, but then you never know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2012, 07:19 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I have had some degree of the awakenings as you describe (at times)... I have found that taking 3mg of Melatonin (over the counter supplement) helps me sleep through the night for a full 6-7 hours.

I use it and take 10 but I can get to sleep usually but not always stay asleep more than 3 hrs. I dream and know I have and often remember them. I have dream themes. Often in a dorm, or moving into an apt or new house. Usually younger. like 20s and 30s Most of my dreams are pleasant even if I can't find my current car in a hotel parking lot. I recently dreamed of a beach hotel in LA I never heard of or knew of and the name is so similar exsists. I remembered it hrs after waking and looked it up. Something Marina La or Del Playa. I think, weird huh? I enjoy my dreams and have double or triple features usually. Sometimes more like a storey and I am not featured in it ok, I am weird, I know....... Cool ocean dreams and big turquoise waves and being on the beach or and walking on the beach. I have no music or any of those relaxing sounds playing. Imagine if I did.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 5 41 2 hours ago
Last Post: johnathanb76
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 46 2,145 04-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 74 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 356 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
  Predicting overnight minimum SP02 before falling asleep dfunk 0 111 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 380 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 535 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.