Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Longtime no use
Longtime no use
Hello everyone I just have a quick question I hope someone can help me with. I got my cpap machine 3 years ago and used it for a week then dropped off. I want to try using it again. Any danger in trying to get back on the wagon? Sorry, I know it's a dumb question but I figured"why not ask". Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Longtime no use
The only possible issue you might have is with your mask. Over time, the cushions might break down.

Your mileage may vary.

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I just want to make sure the machine will still fax correctly and that I won't get sick
Post Reply Post Reply
I would wash the mask and the line thoroughly before using again. Good luck starting up again!

(04-07-2013, 07:21 PM)ajtb80 Wrote: Hello everyone I just have a quick question I hope someone can help me with. I got my cpap machine 3 years ago and used it for a week then dropped off. I want to try using it again. Any danger in trying to get back on the wagon? Sorry, I know it's a dumb question but I figured"why not ask". Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ajtb80,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Make sure you wash your mask and hose in warm, mild, soapy water before you start back again and oh, make sure you dry it before you use it as well, (Ha-Ha.)
Best of luck to you and hopefully you can continue using it this time. Feel free to ask any questions you have.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for the responses folks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2013, 07:54 PM)ajtb80 Wrote: Thanks I just want to make sure the machine will still fax correctly and that I won't get sick

FAX????

It's possible you need more pressure now than you did before just because you're 3 years older. Even someone who's been using the machine might need an adjustment after using it for 3 years.

You'll probably be better off with the machine than without.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Flucuating AHI even with no leaks. Longtime Cpap user. Jarlo 17 1,600 06-03-2022, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Peach25
  [Equipment] Longtime BiPAP w/ centrals needs new machine advice memeuro 51 5,229 11-11-2020, 04:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newbie - longtime ResMed S8 user - feeling awfully tired SleepyMsPat 6 3,076 05-11-2013, 02:59 AM
Last Post: vsheline

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.