Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lookee O2 Wrist Monitor
Lookee O2 Wrist Monitor
I just purchased one of these wrist monitors.  Extremely disappointed to see how small the silicone ring is for your finger.  It is absurd.  It is shown to go on your thumb.  I can't even get the darn thing over my thumbnail far less on my middle of my thumb.  Who do they make these for?  People who weigh 110#?   it barely fits on my pinky finger.   Sometimes I don't understand what companies are thinking when their target market is sleep apnea sufferers.  I'm not even sure it'll be accurate if it doesn't fit correctly.  I guess that's why people get the ResMed version and not an off brand. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lookee O2 Wrist Monitor
people mostly do not pick the resmed brand.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
The sensor's tension will stretch in time. The good thing about its tension is its ability to stay where you position it. I know, getting new stuff to fit is a pain.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2023, 12:06 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The sensor's tension will stretch in time.  The good thing about its tension is its ability to stay where you position it.  I know, getting new stuff to fit is a pain.

- Red

Yes, I hope this is the case.  It did record info on my pinky so that's encouraging.  I wish it was a bit larger, but not much I can do there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2023, 01:17 PM)cmpman1974 Wrote: Yes, I hope this is the case.  It did record info on my pinky so that's encouraging.  I wish it was a bit larger, but not much I can do there.

How are you finding this product?  Does it work with OSCAR?  I see it is not listed in the compatible oximimeter list in the OSCAR wiki.  It seems as though Oximiter options are fairly limited here in Canada right now, but it looks like this is available.  Would love to hear more about your experience with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Wellue Checkme O2 Max which looks the same as the Lookee, although there seems to be two versions of the Lookee with different prices.

My Wellue was a bit tight at first so I put it on my thumb above the knuckle until I loosened. BTW, it is recommended that you use the thumb or index finger for accurate readings. You probably can stretch it by putting it on something that has a tapered end that you can increase the diameter little by little, as you don't want to break it.

Hope it works out from you. Mine convinced my PCP that I needed supplemental O2 from an O2 concentrator which greatly improved my O2 and reduced/eliminated desaturations.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  [Equipment] Wrist Oxygen Monitor nanaa0 16 1,781 09-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Chest strap heart rate monitor? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 585 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  How can I monitor my sleep apnea severity without a doctor? davidortenn79 11 1,308 06-16-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: davidortenn79
  Oximeter Vs Smartwatch vs no heart rate monitor xaid 0 476 03-31-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: xaid
  OSCAR Data vs Lookee O2 Ring cmpman1974 90 4,062 03-16-2023, 12:24 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Best O2 monitor to import into OSCAR? arborgent 9 1,858 01-23-2023, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.