Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking For a New Mask
Looking For a New Mask
I have been using a Respironics Dreamwear nasal mask for a few years now which is a very comfortable mask. But after downloading Oscar and being able to see the leak rate it might be time to change to a different mask. I normally start off sleeping on my back but then start tossing and turning sleeping on my side a lot. Apparently this is what is causing the leak. I am bad mouth breather and have to use a chin strap and have also recently started using SomniFix mouth tape. That should have stopped the mouth breathing so I guess the mask itself is leaking when turning side to side a lot. I have tried FFM in the past but have not been able to find one that works for me due to me having a long narrow face. I have noticed where others seem to like the Resmed's P10 or P30i nasal pillow mask. I would like everyone's input before I go ordering a mask.

Thanks,
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking For a New Mask
There are some suppliers that will do mask exchange for a small fee. Each of our faces are different so what fits me might not work for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use either an AirFit F20 or an F30. The F30 gets used way more often. I too, am a mouth breather, and a side sleeper as well. 

I can pretty much bury my head in my pillow and the F30 stays put. I'm very happy with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed F30 is a very good full face mask. Before getting it I used a P30i pillows nose piece. I really liked it but could never stop mouth breathing even using tape and a fitted mouth piece. I sleep on my Side with very little leakage. And it is comfortable which I never thought I would say for a full face mask.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got very good results from my Fisher & Paykel full face masks, Vitera and Simplus.There's Roll Fit, a mini bellows on the cushion to allow easy and leak free position changes from back to side. These masks are pretty lightweight and in part due to the bellows, only minimal strap tension is needed to get a leak free state.The only negative is possibly some will find the vent noisy and/or may be a bit disrupting. It's not been a bother to me. There's nasal and pillows types too. Just another option.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am thinking about trying the Dreamwear FFM because of its simple design to see if it may work for me. I have also been looking at some reviews of pillow masks such as the Dreamwear pillow, the Resmed P30i and another one that looks interesting is the Fischer & Paykel Brevida pillow mask. It has shorter pillows and sidewalls that looks like it would be better for side sleepers. Has anyone tried the PK Brevida? Just curious. I am not sure if I could get use to the hose connecting to the front of the mask. Seems like I would get all twisted up in it while tossing and turning.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2021, 12:25 PM)mawaw1992 Wrote: I am thinking about trying the Dreamwear FFM because of its simple design to see if it may work for me. I have also been looking at some reviews of pillow masks such as the Dreamwear pillow, the Resmed P30i and another one that looks interesting is the Fischer & Paykel Brevida pillow mask. It has shorter pillows and sidewalls that looks like it would be better for side sleepers. Has anyone tried the PK Brevida? Just curious. I am not sure if I could get use to the hose connecting to the front of the mask. Seems like I would get all twisted up in it while tossing and turning.

Sounds like you don't have any hose management. 

Get a hose hanger / holder. Best single thing I did to improve my CPAP therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can use a nasal interface, you might want to try the Bleep Dreamport mask. The interface sticks securely onto the end of your nose, and there is no headgear. I'm a recent convert, and it's by far my favorite mask. If you try it out, be sure to get the current version, which has a longer and more flexible short hose and a little black dealie that holds two vent diffusers in place.

I use the Bleep with a CPAPology Houdini hose lift. With a terrycloth hose cover, the hose stays in place with no problem, and the swivel is very good. This lift now replaces my old Hose Buddy. Bonus: you can collapse its height so it tucks behind a pillow during the day.

But this stuff is all very idiosyncratic; what works for me may not work for thee.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first mask was the Dreamwear full face mask, but it was uncomfortable and leaked a lot, and by reading forums I learned that I could probably use some sort of nasal mask.  I tried the Dreamwear nasal mask and then their nasal pillows.  They were okay, but then I tried the Resmed P30i which I liked a lot better.  Eventually I got the Bleep system, and I like it the best by far.  It's a little fiddly to use, especially at first, but worth it to me to have no straps on my head or face and nothing going into my nose.   like
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I did watch a video where someone was reviewing different pillow mask and he did say the one that worked best for side sleepers that would not leak was the Bleep. From the video it just seemed like a lot trouble each night to stick those things on the side of your nose. But if it works oh well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,751 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,832 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,529 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.