Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking at EDF files - particularily _EVE.EDF
Looking at EDF files - particularily _EVE.EDF
So I've been able to examine the PLD and BRP files to get the raw digital data for flowrates, pressures, tidal volumes etc. used by OSCAR to represent those quantities. But there is another set of EDF files (specifically xxx_EVE.EDF  and xxx_CSL.EDF that I suspect contain the event logs (such as CA, OA, PB etc).

What I haven't been able to figure out is how to open these EDF files into ASCII, so as to be "readable" by humanoids.

I am using EDF browser v1.88 by van Beelan. Can anyone provide a step-by-step to open these EVE and CSL files?

By the way the device I'm using is a Resmed Airsense 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking at EDF files - particularily _EVE.EDF
CSL and EVE files contain annotation data only. Unfortunately, EDFBrowser can't show the annotation data because the duration is set as zero, and it refuses to open the files so cannot show the annotations. Can you persuade the author to allow opening zero-duration files so annotations can be shown?

CSL contains Cheynes-Stokes Respiration times.

EVE contains events.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the tools at https://www.teuniz.net/edf2ascii/ to do some of my initial understanding.

There are many tools linked from that page.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2021, 01:18 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I used the tools at https://www.teuniz.net/edf2ascii/ to do some of my initial understanding.

There are many tools linked from that page.

When I try to open (using van Beelan's program) I get a warning (as Guy mentioned) :

However, If I use "tools -> Import annotations/events I get an error that tells me to open the file first before using the tool.

So, where I'm stuck here is trying to navigate to the correct tool (and/or process) to use.

Have you succeeded in viewing these EVE and CSL files?
Post Reply Post Reply
Use edf2ascii on the page pholynyk recommended. It works.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 85 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR? SnoozeBest 7 242 02-26-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 201 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  Data Import hangs midway thru catalogueing EDF files dataq1 4 262 01-14-2024, 02:53 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 484 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  How to get raw watchpat data from .dat files? lisaistired 5 574 11-23-2023, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  any example files for OSCAR CSV import enigmatic 8 716 10-28-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: lzmontana

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.