Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking at my sleep study...
Looking at my sleep study...
I found my one and only sleep study and trying to interpret the result. Most people will realize that it is a rather old one, still has ICD10 diagnostic codes:

Overall, I believe it had been bad even a decade ego. Is there other than CPAP option for treating CA? That's seems to be the culprit for all of my issues, unless things have change somewhat from a decade ego. While OSCAR is not a sleep study, or maybe it is, this is what it shows from last night:

Yes, it is better as I see it, but on occasions the numbers still shoot up high. It all depends on my biometric rhythm I guess...
"Life is dream, awakening is death..."
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking at my sleep study...
Neither the sleep study or the OSCAR chart are showing CA, so there's no CA to treat. If it were an issue, I would suggest an ASV, but again you do not have a CA issue.

For the record, CA was 1 to 75 OA on that PSG test. If you see CA on other nights, we can work to get a resolution, likely by an edit of settings to reduce pressure swings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CA showing up is dependent on the day, for example, this is from couple of days ego:

This type of chart goes on for couple of days, then it disappears for 3-4 days. But I digress, the OA is more prevalent across the board.

I've adjusted the EPR from 3 to 1 about a week ego, but that didn't make much of a difference. Maybe I should just disable the EPR? I don't even know, did my former CPAP machine the S9 have EPR feature?

I've been switching between different type of masks, but inevitably, both the CA and OA return in couple of days. Interestingly, I seem to have a better sleep when the CA and higher than average AHI results. Go figure...
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't focus on the numbers, go for comfort. What feels best is where you want to be. Keep the EPR, you need to increase minimum pressure. Take a look at your minimum pressure setting and the median pressure the machine is providing. The median is your new minimum pressure setting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I'd recommend the setting choices that is most comfortable is best in cases like this. This includes EPR in the discussion. I'm not familiar with the 9 series, so I can't be certain if it had EPR. However, I'd put EPR on the setting you're most comfortable with, as it seems to not impact CA either way.

PS agree with Sleeprider on bumping pressure up.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider

I've looked at my median pressure for the last 30 days, this is what it shows:

That's pretty much give an average median pressure of 10; the actual calculated median is 9.982.

Thanks, I'll set the A10 minimum pressure to 10 for tonight.

@SarcasticDave

For the time being, I'll leave the EPR at 1 and see what effect adjusting the minimum pressure has... thanks...
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember CA’s are consistently inconsistent and there is nothing more you can do about them with your machine either ignore them and move on or contact your Dr armed with the data and complain how you still feel tired on days with high CA’s it’s your choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just despise "consistently inconsistent" and from now on I'll just disregard periodic CA showing up...

After increasing the minimum pressure to 10, OSCAR shows this:

The F20 leaks too much and cannot get it not to. The issues with the F20 is pretty much the same as it has been with other full face masks, such as from ResMed and Philips. Even the large full face mask barely cover corners of my mouth. Do I have a big mouth, or these masks are stingy with the sizes? In either case, I'll go back to the Activa LT nose mask that gives me almost no leaks most of the times.

I'll order a P10 nasal pillow, suggested by Sleeprider, maybe that will work for me better...
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can get a nasal or pillows mask to work, it has the advantage of taking up less facial real estate. Those should be easier to control leak issues that the F20 was causing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2020, 10:40 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: If you can get a nasal or pillows mask to work, it has the advantage of taking up less facial real estate. Those should be easier to control leak issues that the F20 was causing.

I did get the AirFit P10 pillow mask and used it for three days:
  • First night: AHI 3.18, no leaks above redliine
  • Second night: AHI 20.27, 0.009% above redline
  • Third-night: AHI 10.56, 3.014% above redline
My issues with the P10 were:
  • Headgear was too tight for my head-size
  • Pillows irritated my nostrils, caused mild burning sensation
  • Exhaust air/mask makes too much noise, prevented easily falling asleep 
  • Trying the minimal adjustment with the headgear caused the mask to fall off as turned
With my Activa LT nasal mask, the AHI before/after was in the 1.x range.

The P10 was the fifth different type of masks, that I've tried during the last couple of month. I think, I'll stick with the Activa LT for awhile...
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 239 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 65 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.