Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for Battery and Solar Charger for ResMed S9
Looking for Battery and Solar Charger for ResMed S9
I was planning to purchase a small travel CPAP and solar charging kit for an upcoming camping trip but the Philips recall has made new machines all but impossible to purchase in the short term.

As an alternative to a new machine I would like to purchase a battery and solar panel recharger that would be compatible with my existing ResMed S9.

Any recommendations?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for Battery and Solar Charger for ResMed S9
Are you planning to use the S9's detachable humidifier (H5i)?  Without it, you can drop the power requirement from a 90-watt power supply to a 30-watt unit.  This is just an indicator of what eats up the power.  Of course, the added wattage also factors in a ClimateLine hose too.  

Here is Resmed's take on the subject:  ResMed BATTERY GUIDE USING STAND-ALONE, DEEP-CYCLE BATTERIES
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2021, 02:43 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Are you planning to use the S9's detachable humidifier (H5i)?  
No, not planning to use the humidifier. I'll check out the link. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can post what working solution if any you come up with, it would be appreciated if you could post it here.

This is an oft asked question.
Post Reply Post Reply
Instead of reinventing the wheel, please review these threads on this subject.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 174 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 303 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,759 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,035 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 276 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,572 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon
  Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery BKeeper 21 3,662 01-08-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.