Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for Guidance on Best Machine Settings
Looking for Guidance on Best Machine Settings
Hello everyone, I discovered this forum today while trying to figure out the best settings for my resmed airsense 10 autoset machine. I feel that lately I am not getting enough air and it feels hard to breathe in. I have been using this machine for 5 years now and am waiting for a referral to get a newer machine. 

I had the pressure a bit higher than it now (10.2) but I had been randomly swallowing air. I would say this can happen maybe once or twice a week, and sometimes only once every few weeks. I wasn't sure if it was because the pressure was too high or too low, but lowering it seemed to help. Although I'm not sure if this is why it feels harder to inhale now; as if I don't get an adequate full breath if that makes sense.

I haven't been diagnosed with it, but I believe I have Catathrenia, which my wife just absolutely loves, lol. The machine helps with this, but she says she can still hear me sometimes even with the machine on. 

I have attached a more recent nights sleep since it was a bit longer than my more recent reports. I would like to get some better settings to hopefully help me sleep better. Your help and guidance will be greatly appreciated! 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for Guidance on Best Machine Settings
Increase your minimum pressure from 5.6. I'd try 7, to start.

If my pressure was that low I'd feel air starved as well. Leave the maximum where it is (for now) to keep the aerophagia at bay.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with DogSlobber; min 7 to start, maybe try 8 after a few nights. Also would experiment with EPR=3 to make exhale easier and likely minimize hypopnea. And at this low of a pressure, turn off ramp. While ramp is on, you do not receive therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the feedback! After trying the settings for the last couple nights I think it is working a bit better. Changing the epr and increasing the pressure definitely helps make it easier to inhale. 

I noticed I swallowed a bit of air, but nothing super bad and it wasn't painful, just slightly uncomfortable. I have attached the last 2 nights data to see if things are improving. It's been an interesting learning experience!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 96 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 137 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 168 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,384 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 248 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 6 498 01-17-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.