Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resetting Dreamstation
Resetting Dreamstation
Hi,

I have a previous post called I'm getting headaches and I'm not sure what happened but no one's answering anymore.

Now since no one's replying to that post I was wondering if someone could tell me how to reset my dreamstation to factory default settings.

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resetting Dreamstation
That should be an option In the clinical/providers menu
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, that's really helpful and appreciated.  I don't know what I did to you but you won't see me on this board anymore you can count on that.  Not you care anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
File that under - Strange endings to free tech support system
Post Reply Post Reply
What did I do?
Post Reply Post Reply
"We" could not provide any answers to him having headaches. He got upset because his thread stopped getting any responses. He didn't understand that sometimes, members just run out of ideas.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From the factory service manual a reset of patient data can be performed. I found no mention of a 'factory reset' which would clear patient settings and put the DS back to factory default settings. There is software from Respironics that is used to test and calibrate a Dream Station. This software might be able to perform a factory reset, but likely wouldn't be available to the general public.
Within the provider mode it's easy to change settings (if you know what your doing). Make note of what they are before they are changed.

"5.10.3 ACCESSING PROVIDER MODE SCREENS

Accessing provider mode unlocks settings that cannot be modified by the user. To access provider mode:
1. Supply power to the device. First, plug the socket end of the AC power cord into the power supply.
Then plug the pronged end of the AC power cord into an electrical outlet that is not controlled by a
wall switch. Finally, plug the power supply cord’s connector into the power inlet on the back of the
device.
2. Once the device is powered, press and hold both the control dial and the Ramp button on the
device for at least 5 seconds.
Note: There is an optional 4 digit PIN setup option to enter Provider mode for additional security. Once Setup,
if the wrong PIN is entered too many times, you will have the option to reset the device or wait 15 minutes and
try again."

Within the "Provider Mode"....

"Reset Data Use the Reset Data function to clear patient data from the

therapy device, as well as an SD card and modem (if
installed). After you click to execute Reset Data, the device
will display a message asking you to confirm the reset. Click
again to reset data in the device.
Note: Reset Data resets Blower Hours that are visible to the
patient, but it does not reset Machine Hours in the Provider
Menu."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,759 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,564 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,328 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino
  Resetting of blower hours? hearsay73 10 5,540 01-29-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Remember2Breathe
  On/off button issue & mysterious machine resetting itself mmorans5 3 1,743 07-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Help (Resetting Pressures) Linda57 9 2,345 08-19-2016, 06:57 PM
Last Post: icyura10
  Why is my machine resetting itself? wxmcpo 11 5,148 09-14-2015, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.