Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for Oximeter
Looking for Oximeter
I am looking for some guidance or a recommendation for a pulse oximeter that will give me overnight data that I can transfer to my computer via usb cable for example and display over time.  ResMed sells one that connects directly to the AirSense 10 but at $950- it looks like they are targeting MDs rather than self-helpers.  Supplier #19 sells some of these but I want to make sure I buy the best bet.  It would be nice if I could import the data into SleepyHead and display it with the other SleepyHead charts at least with approximate time synchronization.   It should be reasonably comfortable to wear overnight, reasonably accurate and hold up for a year or more. 
I’ve read some reviews on the forum but they are from 4 or 5 years ago so may not be current.  Thanks for reading and I look forwards to getting some guidance or recommendations.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for Oximeter
I have a CONTEC CMS50F that does everything your looking for. That's assuming your using windows on your computer.

Supplier #19 has these also for $99.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2017, 06:49 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I have a CONTEC CMS50F that does everything your looking for. That's assuming your using windows on your computer.

Supplier #19 has these also for $99.

Same one I have as well and does what Walls Walls said and hard to beat the price.  I too bought mine from supplier # 19 - contact him through his webpage he is an extremely helpful person.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there one that works with a Mac? Or can a person just import sleep data directly into SleepyHead provided there are available drivers (which there appear to be, but maybe not for new OS?).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for this great information! Looks like amazon has it for $10 less and fulfilled by Amazon. I would imagine all CMS-50F are the same. Anyone know of a reason not to go with the lower price?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just bought one from Amazon - chose seller Comtec, the manufacturer, with fulfillment by Amazon. Free 2-day shipping with Prime (got a month trial just for this).
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2017, 08:01 PM)kiwii Wrote: I just bought one from Amazon - chose seller Comtec, the manufacturer, with fulfillment by Amazon. Free 2-day shipping with Prime (got a month trial just for this).

Thanks for letting me know about this Kiwii.  I just did what you did and will get mine on Wednesday.  I didn't see Contec as a seller until you mentioned it!  They have better reviews then the sellers I was looking at.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my CMS50D+ (the "plus" means it can record and store your overnight data) from the Contec store at AliExpress. It costs about $29 and shipping was super fast, considering it was free shipping from China (I ordered it on Oct. 16 and it arrived at my door in Montreal on Oct. 25). If you're in a bigger hurry, the Contec store on Amazon has it for $32.

[Image: 61w1Wt4LDtL._SY463_.jpg]

It does everything you say you want, just like the CMS50F, but without having to be connected to a wristband watch-like contraption, though it's understandable some folks may prefer that. This one's just the part that you keep on your finger, all self-contained -- no wires. Mine stayed on my finger all night and didn't fall off, but if you want to be sure, you can add a small rubber band. Then you connect it the next morning to your computer via USB.

Here's a YouTube review; the reviewer eventually figured out how to have it record overnight without having the cable attached, of course, and makes a written addendum overlay onto his original video:

Be advised, however, that uploading the data to your computer, and then syncing oximetry data with SleepyHead, with this or any other separate recording pulse oximeter, like the CMS50F, etc., can be done (been there, done that), but it's not necessarily a cake walk for those who might be a little less tech-savvy.

Click here for a silent video that might help for uploading to a computer. Or have a look at this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Speaking of the CMS 50F has anyone tried the bluetooth version? (Bluetooth enabled CMS 50F PLUS OLED Wrist Color Pulse Oximeter)
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the CMS-50IW that is the Bluetooth version if the "I" model.  The only thing I can figure for use of this function would be in a medical practice setting.    Your O2 and pulse could input directly to SpO2Assistant for speed in collection of your vitals.  For CPAP use, I can't find any practical use for it.  It just sounded good when I went to buy mine.  I have used it once to see what it did and that has been it.

One additional thought; Using the Bluetooth to transmit the data will increase power consumption on the unit. . . If that matters.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,216 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 808 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,865 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.