Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for Oximeter
RE: Looking for Oximeter
I received my CMS50F, charged it and used it for the first-time last night.  Results leave something to be desired.  I started and stopped the recording within 5 seconds of starting and stopping my APAP.  Then followed the directions here
http://www.freedomfeens.com/blog/?p=6802
to upload the data.  While I recorded for 6 hours and 8 mins the oximeter session showed up as 9 hours 15 mins!  I uploaded it again on a different computer and it showed up as over 24 hours!  I uploaded it on yet a 3rd computer (all using Sleepyhead) and it showed up with yet a 3rd session length all longer than the actual recorded session!  It synchronized fine with the beginning of the CPAP session but the oximeter session continued for a longer time.  Looking at the pulse and O2 data in the region of the overlap, they don’t even look quite the same comparing one of the computers to the others even though the data came from the same recording session.
Any ideas about this?  Has anyone seen anything like this?  It doesn't really inspire confidence as far as relying on the data.
Here are screen shots from two of the uploads:

AND FROM A SECOND UPLOAD TO A DIFFERENT COMPUTER:

Post Reply Post Reply
To make a loooong story short, try importing into SleepyHead the SpO2 file that you first generate in  the SpO2 Assistant program.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Well the good news is your O2 levels are fine.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2017, 08:37 PM)Sheepish Wrote: To make a loooong story short, try importing into SleepyHead the SpO2 file that you first generate in  the SpO2 Assistant program.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SleepyHead

OK, Thanks Sheepish.  That's a long thread.  I haven't followed it yet but will do so.  I'm a little surprised though since I've read in several places that the software it comes with is junk and we should just use Sleepyhead instead which supposedly works though not for me in this case.  You do know that i have the 50F and not the 50D+.  My 50F does have its own clock if it makes a difference.  I ask because I just want to be sure I still need to follow the instructions you pointed me to.  The fact that the cpap and oximeter session started at the right time seems like it synchronized correctly but the oximeter session was way longer than it should have been.  I'm not sure if the problems in the thread you gave are the same as what I'm seeing so I just want to be sure you still think the thread describes the fix for me.  Let me know and Thanks much for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps a good way to start is by following jaswilliams' helpful second post in that thread, and hopefully you'll end up getting it to sync properly.

Like I said, not a cakewalk, and you're right the SpO2 Assistant program is Thumbs-down-1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sheepish.  You are correct this tedious.  I erased my long file from last night so i wont have another one till tomorrow.  in the meantime i created a 5 minute file and verified that:
1)  Even Sleepyhead correctly imports that with the right time and session length.
2)  I can import the file from the 50F into the SPO2 Assistant, save it and import it to SH and that also works for this small file.
One thing i haven't done yet is download and run the data changer.  I'll probably try it without the data changer first and if it doesn't work, I'll do that last step... Unless of course you've already been there and done that and let me know I shouldn't bother without the data changer step?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you feel like doing an experiment for me... in Preferences, in the General tab, there is a box marked Enable Multithreading. It is checked by default... it says it affects data import... try unchecking that box... and please report back. I have my suspicions...
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2017, 10:21 PM)Fixit50 Wrote: Thanks Sheepish.  You are correct this tedious.  I erased my long file from last night so i wont have another one till tomorrow.  in the meantime i created a 5 minute file and verified that:
1)  Even Sleepyhead correctly imports that with the right time and session length.
2)  I can import the file from the 50F into the SPO2 Assistant, save it and import it to SH and that also works for this small file.
One thing i haven't done yet is download and run the data changer.  I'll probably try it without the data changer first and if it doesn't work, I'll do that last step... Unless of course you've already been there and done that and let me know I shouldn't bother without the data changer step?

With be F no need for the data changer but I still had better results on data session length importing the spo2 rather than a direct import
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2017, 11:20 PM)pholynyk Wrote: If you feel like doing an experiment for me... in Preferences, in the General tab, there is a box marked Enable Multithreading. It is checked by default... it says it affects data import... try unchecking that box... and please report back. I have my suspicions...

I can try that.  Is that maybe going to make the direct importing work?
Apparently in my case the only problem is with large duration files since the small 5 minute file worked fine with direct import.  Any idea how long the duration has to be for problems to surface with direct importing?
Post Reply Post Reply
jaswilliams wrote: "With be F no need for the data changer but I still had better results on data session length importing the spo2 rather than a direct import"

Thanks for letting me know this.  I'm all set to give the spo2 import a try tomorrow after I get another overnight file.  I hope this thing works.  I'd like to have an O2 sensor I can trust without breaking the bank.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,216 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 808 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,862 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.