Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for Oximeter
RE: Looking for Oximeter
Got it sorted out.  I first loaded last nights 6.5 hrs of O2 data direct from the 50F just to verify the problem would repeat.  It did.  It looked the same as the result in my post #11 above.  Then I purged the data in SH and turned off the hyperthreading per the suggestion of pholynyk in post #17 and tried again direct from the 50F.  No luck; same lousy result.   Purged the data in SH again and used the SpO2 Assistant to create and save a .SpO2 file from the data in the device.  I imported that SpO2 data file into SH using the Oximetry Wizard in SH.  That resulted in success!  Thank Sheepish and jaswilliams for the suggestion!  I had started the 50F recording within a few seconds of starting the AirSense 10 and when I imported the SpO2 file into SH I adjusted the start time manually to the start time of the first CPAP session.  Alignment was very good throughout from beginning to end.  All looks good now and it looks like I have the Oxygen monitoring that I need.  
A word about purging the oximetry data in SH (completely) and without disturbing anything else.  This is needed before reloading the same oximetry data in to SH otherwise things get pretty unwieldly in a hurry and the time bases of the SH charts can get messed up.  I tried using Data-Advance Purge Oximetry Data and also tried purging all the CPAP data for the current selected day but after re-loading the erased CPAP data both methods left me with remnants of Oximetry data seen on the left under "session information" and this stretched out the time base in the graph area.  So… I tried something that was probably a little risky but sometimes taking chances pays.  Surrounded by fear I bravely renamed the CMS50_0000xxxxx directory in the SH profile area by adding a .OLD to the directory making SH ignore it.  That got rid of all oximetry data and remnants such that you could not tell it had ever been loaded into SH.  Doing this did not disturb existing CPAP data.  Now you can safely reload oximetry data.  I can’t find any evidence that this method is causing any problem and the directory is re-created when you load in the next batch of oximetry data.  This purge should not be necessary anymore now that I know the right way of importing the oximetry data into SH.
It’s nice to be able to look at O2 data synched with CPAP data and at an affordable price.  Thanks for the help and suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2017, 10:28 PM)Fixit50 Wrote: I bravely renamed the CMS50_0000xxxxx directory in the SH profile area by adding a .OLD to the directory making SH ignore it.  That got rid of all oximetry data and remnants such that you could not tell it had ever been loaded into SH.  Doing this did not disturb existing CPAP data.  Now you can safely reload oximetry data.

Brave and clever. Good tip. Glad you got it to work. Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you aware of any IOS apps that could make this whole process easier?

Seems crazy that no company has jumped on this oportunity, this is finally an area where self analysis can provide game changing benefit...
Post Reply Post Reply
There is one by an incubator startup from Georgia Tech, Safe Heart US.  They seem to be selling them both directly and through major retailers.   Unfortunately, the data is unusable in SleepyHead and, other than look at it on your phone, is useless.  It's one of those "sounded like a good idea at the time" types of things.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using Vibe O2 by Bodimetrics.   Is so easy to wear I forget I have in on while doing household chores.   

https://cdn.bio-medical.com/media/catalo...o2vibe.png
  • Start up but have picked up government contracts so might be around for a while.  
  • Is a first gen product, wrist unit a mite quirky.  Cloud access still soft.
  • iPhone app is pretty solid.    
  • Can get on Mfg website and a big vendor we all know.
  • I think wearing it one too many times washing dishes killed the vibration feature in the ring.   
  • Data will not upload to Sleepyhead

iPhone app solid, displays events captured every 10 seconds.   Will not drill in further than 30 min blocks of time and will not upload to Sleepyhead but I have gotten pretty good and using this app on my iphone and sleepyhead on the PC at the same time to correlate the two data sources while studying specific events and trends.    

Image showing better night using the dream station. 
[Image: M4drP50l.png]

This is the finest grain the detail gets, a 30 min view.  Image shows when 20+ mins of sleep was interrupted by a Hypopnea ... or two or three..  etc.    
[Image: DLqcRrHl.png]

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2017, 11:58 AM)mike888miller Wrote: ".....this is finally an area where self analysis can provide game changing benefit..."

I just completed my second night with O2 data from the CMS50F imported to SleepyHead via SpO2 file generated by the Spo2 Assistant (comes with the CMS50F).  This has already provided answers to long standing questions relating to sleep quality and patterns, trends I've seen in SH but was not able to understand without seeing O2 and pulse data.  So yes, I very much agree that this is a real plus for those using SleepyHead and wish to take self analysis to the next level! 
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the O2 Vibe.  

Here are a few screen shots and why I think it is important, for me at least.  The image from Mar 5  is before I received my CPAP machine. The Mar 24 pic is when I threw the new mask off in the middle of the night.  The Apr 29  is now after over a month on CPAP with my original full face mask and finally the one from Apr 30 is my first use of the Philips Dream Wear Full face mask. I think it is a valuable tool to evaluate your sleep quality and then adjust your system as you see fit. It is great to be able to see the results on your smart phone as soon as you wake up. These four images dramatically show my CPAP journey.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!!  Those pictures certainly do tell the story!  I'm guessing you're feeling better without those deep O2 desats.
It may be too soon but I'd like to know how you end up liking the DreamWear Full Face CPAP Mask.  How is the comfort and the fit?  How about hissing or noise level?
Post Reply Post Reply
The pics are pretty amazing...

Dream Wear Full Face 
As to fit - the pros are the hose on top of the head with most of the exhaust going out the top no leaks or hissing. I played with the straps and the mask fit for awhile to get the straps as light as possible without mask fail. I admit its a bit weird at first but with nothing digging into the bridge of my nose that is a big plus.  On the con side I did not have enough water in the reservoir and as a consequence the edges of my nostrils were dry and tender in the morning, I dont know how long I was running dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your machine an autoset cpap or straight cpap?  
Thanks for the mask comments.  I'd like to know how you feel about it after a few weeks with it.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,219 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 673 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 808 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.