Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for Tech Manual for Dreamstation ASV
Looking for Tech Manual for Dreamstation ASV
Looking for the DreamStation BiPAP Auto SV Service and Technical Manual

Also deep Titration instructions  more involved that this SIMPLE version:

http://incenter.medical.philips.com/docl...%3D9792335

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for Tech Manual for Dreamstation ASV
Did you try the link for CPAP Setup Manuals here? I'd think DreamStations should be in there. Any aspect we can comment on? Admitted, I've not had their SV Auto, but we can try to answer what you're searching for.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV CLINICAL MANUAL
Looking for the Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV CLINICAL MANUAL

I am looking for a full complete step by step Titration instructions more involved that this SIMPLE version:

http://incenter.medical.philips.com/docl...%3D9792335

Thanks.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the Private Files and Links Forum. You may find it there.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
More info:

Service & Tech Manuals are different than the "Clinician" manuals (also called "Setup Manual" or "Provider Manual").

Clinician Setup Manuals can be requested via email by following the directions on this page:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

For the Service & Tech Manuals, please log into your forum account and click on the link in this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Only-FILES

That's our "Members-Only Files Page" link, which contains many of the Service/Tech Manuals for various machines.

You will find the DreamStation BiPAP Auto SV Service and Technical Manual (and others) there.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Rich, I merged your two identical threads into this one thread.

Check out that Service/Tech manual from the link I posted above.  That manual is over 140 pages - does it give you what you're looking for?

If you're looking for more detailed titration instructions, for the most part, detailed titrations are only done using sleep lab equipment.  You can self-titrate to a degree, but I'm not sure there are valid "official" instructions for that specific machine out there that go into more detail than the flowchart PDF in your original post - at least not instructions for titration using the ASV alone (without the appropriate lab equipment attached).

Of course, using OSCAR, you can dial-in your settings to get the best possible treatment (pressures & other settings), but that's not the same as a being titrated in a sleep lab setting.

I do know that many times, you'll get better optimized therapy by self-titrating using OSCAR and using advice from experienced forum members here, since sleep lab titrations are done in very controlled environments that don't really mimic your "real" bedroom sleeping environment.

Perhaps others can chime in on this, as I'm not exactly sure what you're attempting to do when you talk about obtaining "deep titration instructions".
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW I did the self titrate on my ResMed 10 ASV in 2017, so it is doable. Sleeprider and bonjour especially had a key part to play in success. I used SleepyHead then later OSCAR to view data and adjust for good numbers and feel.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SO MANY THANKS...

I do believe that manual will help with some of the questions...

And your right I am trying to fine tune my system.

I also have been have problems with Volume or as I was calling it air flow.

My PR System One ASV 950 and 960s would have a good air flow or volume and this would like of push the air into my lings, gently but slightly positively.

As long as my machine was working this was a constant feature of the old machines.

AND that was what I wrote up as a NEW way for my rebuild 950 to fail at 4000 hours to fail, a nearly total lost of air volume. 

My Dreamstation ASV seems to all over the place volume wise, it has has so much volume it blows the mask off, pressures stay correct...most of the time the volume drops so low I feel I am working hard to breath...

But that MAY be correct, reading a great review here on these systems and others seem to say these are more refined and perhaps I am better off with this system being that way.

I got this unit Sept 7th.  As you can see from the over view chart it is great many nights and bad other nights, with no rime of reason...

[attachment=27043]

And will need that host site to work with people using OSCAR...

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with Dave.

Rich, if your intent is to get the best possible therapy, the thing to do would be to download, install & use the OSCAR software, then start a new thread titled something like "Racprops's ASV therapy", then post some OSCAR charts for folks to look at and analyze so that they can recommend a course of action to fine-tune your therapy. It's best to keep all your ASV therapy discussions in one thread so folks can see the history of your therapy and respond accordingly.

If you're unfamiliar with OSCAR, I'd start with reading the OSCAR Wiki here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help

Also pay attention to the sections on how to organize your charts and taking a screenshot for posting on the forum.

it will take a bit of back-and-forth discussion, but that will likely bring you the best results.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Found the service manual for System One machines.

So are there any place to get parts??

My problems seem to be Volume sensors in a 950 which Phillips will no long sell part for, and possibley volume and pressure sensors in a 960.

Up until now my only recourse was a total rebuild by a local company with a new mother board and fan at $250.00 to $275.00.

I do not think the fan was bad in either case but while in there it seemed like a good idea.

But if these sensors can bought else where...

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 304 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,446 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 2,024 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 285 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 402 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp
  A recommended sleep tech (hired) to try to study my screenshots? koy23 2 590 04-01-2023, 10:23 PM
  [Equipment] Breas Z2 Auto Setup Manual possum1 3 1,484 02-02-2023, 02:08 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.