Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for a better mask
RE: Looking for a better mask
My F20 AirTouch (foam) rolls in on me, too. And there's a bit of pressure on my cheeks. But it is the only FFM that I've found that will maintain a seal on my face all night long.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been reasonably happy with the Respironics full face mask. Like the vendor said, be prepared to adjust it a little regularly. And nightly washing of both face and mask helps a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
The seals on the silicone F20 I use roll in as well. I've found I can reach under the seal and gently pull the seal out so it fits my face better, which relieves the pressure points and gives me a much better seal. I don't know how that would work with the foam cushion as I've never used one. The F20 is by far the most comfortable FFM I've used.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2019, 04:41 AM)MitchS Wrote: The seals on the silicone F20 I use roll in as well. I've found I can reach under the seal and gently pull the seal out so it fits my face better, which relieves the pressure points and gives me a much better seal. I don't know how that would work with the foam cushion as I've never used one. The F20 is by far the most comfortable FFM I've used.

I think the foam is too delicate to handle being reached under and pulled on. :-/
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2019, 02:41 PM)Broomstick Wrote: ...

I want something with a thick gel like cushion.

There is something called Philips Comfortgel Blue mask. But it has the forehead thing (I assume that will give me forehead wrinkles) and the elbow in the front doesn't look like it quick disconnects like the ResMed ones. That is very important to me.

I'm fairly new with my PAP therapy but I would give the Philips comfort gel blue (nasal) a thumbs up. The comfort blue gel is thick and its two piece design (inner gel and outer silicone flap) works for me and maintains a good seal without over tightening. 
 Granted, I have not been on PAP therapy long enough to try any other mask, but I reckon why fix something that ain't broke right?
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Repaying my sleep debt, 1 night at a time...
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed.  I have the Philips Respironics Amara Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear and Amara Gel Full Face CPAP Mask Cushion. The forehead piece helps fit the mask to the contours of your face. My first 2 weeks with it were pretty rough. Now I wouldn't go to bed without it.

Important to note: The Amara Gel Full Face CPAP Mask Cushion must be changed monthly. Otherwise the air pressure breaks the facial seal... loudly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm ready to try that Philips Blue Gel mask.

What SIZE would likely fit best.

I'm using the MEDIUM F20 because the Large F20 gives me problems. I really fall in between sizes. Where would I rank in regards to the Philips mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably the best way to determine the best size is to print the size guide and use it to know for certain. Example: go to Supplier #1 look for that Amara ComfortGel Blue mask and click on Sizing Guide, print and gauge what your best fit should be.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI many sizing guides are included in the Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
Using the masks' fitting guides is the best way to decide.

I'm a large in P10, but a small in F20. It really depends on the area it is covering, how your contours are, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,623 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,281 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,856 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,109 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,443 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,876 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,583 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.