Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for a new machine
Looking for a new machine
I signed up with Phillips regarding the recall of the DreamStation, but have not heard anything except for an acknowledgement that they received my report. From comments here, it looks like Phillips has started sending replacement machines, but I have no idea where I am in the line. Option 1 is to wait and see if Phillips will send a replacement.

I was moving on to Option 2 -- to go ahead and get a different machine -- but the ResMed AirSense 10 for Her (my first choice, based on reviews in this forum) has been sold out everywhere I looked. I have now found an internet supplier claiming that they will have that model available in June, but they want payment now. If they can be relied upon, they will have exactly what I want, but I'm hesitant to proceed. I thought that ResMed has stopped production of the AirSense 10, and the supplier in question has a lot of bad reviews for slow delivery of products they advertise.

Option 3 - I could get on a wait list for an AirSense 11, but reading the reviews of this machine, I am hesitant about this also. I just want a SIM card, not a modem. I don't use a smart phone and I don't want to interact with ResMed via the cloud. A reviewer says that if you turn off the modem on the AirSense11, you get a complaint from ResMed that they are not hearing from your machine, and you have to turn off the machine for a while. I don't understand that.

Any information to fill in the gaps in my knowledge will be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for a new machine
Option 1 will be in play regardless of your decision on option 2 & 3. Option 2 sounds like you have made your mind to keep looking elsewhere. Smart decision, based on their poor reviews. Most of the A10 series parts are being used by Resmed to construct the more advanced AirCurve models. The AS11 is basically the only game in town for a regular CPAP. Oh, before I forget, like the AS11, the AS10 has the cellular modem too. Unless you have to meet insurance requirements, if you don't register it with Resmed, then they don't know it's there. The AS11 has an SD card slot that may or may not come with an SD card. If you decide on an AS11, the Autoset model comes automatically with the "For Her" option that was a separate model in the AS10 series.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for a new machine
Pay and wait no.
Pay when shipped ok.
Call Supplier #1 and Supplier #2, talk to them, see what they have. Supplier#2 actually warrants low hour used machines which may be an option.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,147 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,790 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.