Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for a new nasal mask
Looking for a new nasal mask
I have been using the same nasal mask (Vio Nasal Mask) for over 3 years. I alternate it with my nasal pillows every couple of days.
I don't know the size but the triangle seal is 70mm 2.75 in. Would that make it a large ?
So what nasal mask do people suggest I look at.

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for a new nasal mask
Check out the Optilife nasal pillows from Supplier #26 which sells for around $55 complete with three pillow sizes and headgear. They offer a 30 day free trial on masks which is always a plus, so snoop around there for something you think fits your needs.. I have the Optilife mask and find it to be excellent. I have no experience with the nasal mask as opposed to a nasal pillows. I have never seen how a nasal mask would be as good as a pillows (if using the proper size pillows) but to each his/her own.

I think many people try the pillows but use a size too small, which can cause nose irritation. I went from a medium pillow to the large and the nose discomfort went away.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Eson.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been using Resmed Mirage FX for a few years.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2016, 11:41 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Eson.

+1 for the Eson..... that's nose spelled backwards.....Excellent nasal mask!
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2016, 09:42 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote:
(01-27-2016, 11:41 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Eson.

+1 for the Eson..... that's nose spelled backwards.....Excellent nasal mask!
Sleep-well

+2 for the Eson. Been using for a year now, very happy with it.like
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replys .
I have a ResMed Mirage™ FX Nasal CPAP Mask ordered. Decided on it as my nasal pillows are ResMed Swith FX.
Post Reply Post Reply
Return insurance is good idea whenever trying a new mask, allows you to return the mask within 30 days for a refund in case didn't work for you

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2016, 01:32 AM)zonk Wrote: Return insurance is good idea whenever trying a new mask, allows you to return the mask within 30 days for a refund in case didn't work for you

Thanks Zonk
That's good to know. Were do you get it from ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2016, 06:36 AM)dwd1249 Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 01:32 AM)zonk Wrote: Return insurance is good idea whenever trying a new mask, allows you to return the mask within 30 days for a refund in case didn't work for you

Thanks Zonk
That's good to know. Were do you get it from ?
My mistake, didn't check your location beforehand, return insurance only available in US for US customers
Check with local suppliers, they might have some sort of masks trial program for free or a small fee

While back, I wanted to try full face mask, rented 3 masks from a local merchant and end up buying one of them from abroad (masks are too pricey around here and not covered by private insurance)
I've been using the same nasal mask for the last 5 years, works quite well for me and cheap to run
Last time changed the cushion was on 6 June 15 and still going strong
The good thing about Activa LT nasal mask is that you can use SoftGel mask cushion on the same frame, they don't make masks like that any more. I better stock-up, in case the mask get discontinued
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,226 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 341 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 394 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.