Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for a sample APAP Prescription and 1 other question
Money 
Looking for a sample APAP Prescription and 1 other question
I am newly diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and thanks to everyone here I have learned a lot and managed to bring my AHI down from 79 to below 1 in less than 2 weeks. Without you guys my AHI would still be in the double digits!

I live outside the USA but have US insurance (CIGNA) with global coverage. When told I needed an APAP machine I called CIGNA to see if I needed approval and they told me as long as my physician said it was "medically necessary" they would reimburse so long as it was prescribed by my physician and I attached the prescription to my claim.

The doctor suggested that I bring him a sample of the prescription that CIGNA is requesting so that he can make sure that he provides all the necessary information for CIGNA to make reimbursement.

Would someone be so kind as to share a copy of their prescription, ideally one that CIGNA approved (obviously it can have all the personal information redacted).

Second Question: The doctor originally prescribed me a full face mask. After a week he suggested I try Nasal pillows, which are working much better for me. Unfortunately here you can not return/exchange masks. Will the insurance likely pay for the pillows right after they paid for the mask or can I only expect them to pay for the Nasal Pillows when I am due for a mask replacement (in 3 months).

Thanks again to everyone. This group has been an amazing help and a special thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with the above two questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for a sample APAP Prescription and 1 other question
Hi Chitlom,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

I think if you bring this form to your doctor, it should be fine. Hope this helps.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...escription

Insurance will pay for one mask, but your supplier should allow for at least one exchange.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Search the wiki for prescription.
I am assuming this is for coverage of your existing but newly purchased machine.
Key items
Duration: 99 months or lifetime.
Machine: Auto CPAP
Pressure range: 6 -20
Humidifier and Heated tube plus any accessories as required or needed to maintain the device. By
Mask: patients choice
Post Reply Post Reply
Opal Rose & bonjour,

Thank you very much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 490 Yesterday, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 86 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 376 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,364 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New APAP machine Robert Detz 0 83 03-13-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Robert Detz
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,108 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 547 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.